"The group is responsible for thoroughly preparing all dossiers in the broad area of statistical methodology, quality and enterprise architecture/business process design prior to the decisions to be taken in the European Statistical System Committee (ESSC) within the governance system of the European Statistical System (ESS).
The group has a strategic role in orienting and coordinating the work in the field of methodology and research in official statistics, standards, confidentiality, security, quality and enterprise architecture.
Assist the Commission in the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives
Coordinate with Member States, exchange of views
• Provides a forum for exchange of views, and is involved at an early stage in the preparation of the annual and multi-annual programmes in the areas under its remit by presenting the new priorities envisaged and the possible fields where simplification, reprioritisation and/or phasing-out of certain work could be envisaged.
• Addresses strategic issues related to the development of methodology, research in official statistics, standards, confidentiality, security, quality and enterprise architecture.
• Pursues the general objective of ensuring consistency between the various areas under its responsibility as well as the effective coordination of work in these areas.
• Expresses its opinion on framework and implementing legislation prior to submitting legislative proposals to the ESSC.
• Addresses the issue and ensure the links between the areas under its responsibility and other domains.
• Facilitates the capacity building and knowledge management in the areas under i