Taxes in Europe Database v2
Law on different consumption taxes, see Statutory Notice No 56 of 29 January 2008 and later amendments.
- The tax on cigarette paper for one cigarette amounts to DKK 0.05.
- The tax on packeted chewing tobacco and snuff amounts to DKK 73.95 per kg.
- The tax on other chewing tobacco amounts to DKK 268.44 per kg.
- Businesses producing or importing taxable goods are required to register with the customs service.
- Businesses are required, after the end of a tax period of one month but not later than the 15th of the following month, to declare to the customs service the quantity delivered during the month.
- The duty on goods delivered during one month must be paid before the 15th day of the following month.