FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Ceilings
Table of Contents
- What is the logic of order numbers ?
- Where can I get information about the balances of licence tariff quotas ?
- Where can I get information about the balances of import quotas for textile products ?
- How soon can I get access to a new tariff quota known to be under consideration ?
- Are tariff quotas automatically reopened year after year ?
- Although my drawing request was not satisfied (partly, or at all), a positive balance and a block date are now being displayed for the tariff quota concerned. What does that signify ?
The product coverage of many external trade measures, including every tariff quota, must be clearly defined for reasons of legal security and for clarity. Such definitions are based at least on the combined nomenclature of products (CN). However a singl
Tariff quotas in the series "09.4..." are managed, on the basis of import licences, by the Commission's Directorate-General for Agriculture. Enquiries should be addressed to the specific unit of that Directorate-General responsible for the common organi
Import quotas for textile products are based on import licences, and are not tariff quotas. They are managed by the Commission's Directorate-General for Trade. Balances and other management data about these quotas can be obtained on-line at Top
When considering new tariff measures, including new tariff quotas, the Community institutions generally seek to ensure that the legal act is adopted and published in the Official Journal of the European Communities at least two months prior to its entry
Tariff quotas are opened during a defined validity period. The legal act opening a tariff quota should specify its duration. As a rule, except for so-called "autonomous tariff quotas", the duration of these acts is indefinite. The tariff quotas thus ope
The simultaneous display of a positive balance and a block date generally signifies that a quantity has been returned (Article 308a(10) of Commission Regulation (EEC) No 2454/93) to a tariff quota whose initial volume had already been exhausted. The mo