If you are looking for clarification concerning a specific problem this checklist could help you in identifying where you may find the answer.
1. Non-preferential origin
- Export from the EU
- Do I need a proof of origin? Third country requirements can be found on DG Trade - market access database or through their consulates or embassies.
- Establishing proof of origin: CO by Chamber of Commerce (annex 12 CCIP) or specific certificate model according to special arrangements.
- What are the origin rules? For rules applied by importing countries, check DG Trade - market access database or their consulates or embassies.
- Import into EU
- To checking if goods comply with EU rules (Articles 23 to 25 CCC + Art. 35 to 40 and Annexes 9 to 11 CCIP), see Non-preferential - Introduction (Legal framework) and Harmonisation
- Submission of proof of origin established in country of export: if required by Community Regulation or special arrangements (e.g. Textiles)
- What kind of CO is needed?
- CO for textile products (textile agreement)
- CO for agricultural products (Art. 55 to 65 + Annex 13 CCIP)
- CO universal (no specific form but conditions of Art. 47 CCIP)
2. Preferential origin
- What customs duties and equivalent charges are applicable? This is a tariff and not an origin issue: see Taric
- Questions about policy measures like anti-dumping or quota? See the relevant legislation.
- Originating status? This may concern one or more of the following elements: list rules / cumulation / minimal operations / general tolerance rule on the Common provisions' page.
- Is drawback possible? See no drawback rule on the Common provisions' page.
- What territorial or transport rules apply? See principle of territoriality / direct transport rule on the Common provisions' page.
- Questions about proof of originating status? See proof of origin / approved exporter / proof of origin / exemption from presentation / administrative co-operation / validity on the Common provisions' page.