Participating in Customs 2013
Actions funded include:
- Events bringing together officials from Participating Countries:
- Seminars : one off events, where administrations of all the participating countries meet to examine specific topics;
- Workshops : small-scale seminars without interpretation;
- Steering groups: composed of all Member States performing activities of a coordinating nature over a longer period of time;
- Project groups : composed of a limited number of interested countries (5-10 participants) meeting several times during a fixed period of time to achieve specific predefined objectives;
- Working visits : exchanges of officials between participating countries' administrations to share knowledge and good practice;
- Benchmarking activities : The benchmarking process involves two or more national administrations working together to undertake systematic research, analysis and comparison to identify and learn from best practice;
- Monitoring activities : carried out by a joint team to analyse national customs practices, identify difficulties in implementing the rules and make suggestions for improvement.
For these, the Customs 2013 programme finances costs relating to organising and participating in an event (travel costs, accommodation costs, daily allowance).
- Trans-European IT systems and
- Training modules (See eLearning)
For these, the Customs 2013 programme finances development and maintenance costs.
Participating countries include
- EU Member States ,
- Candidate countries and some potential candidate countries (who have concluded a bilateral agreement with the Commission on the conditions for participating in the programmes).