Intellectual Property Rights eLearning course
This eLearning course has been developed under the Customs 2013 Programme to fill the knowledge gap appearing with the new EU regulation (No 608/2013, see page 15) on customs enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), applicable from 1st January, 2014.
There have been several important changes in the legislation that affect the way customs work on IPR enforcement. This short eLearning course contains all the key information you will need. To download the course, please access our e-learning download portal and choose to download the IPR course.
Who is concerned by this course?
The course is mainly aimed at customs officers responsible for the enforcement of IPR at the European Union borders. At the same time, the course contains useful information for economic operators who want to ensure that their rights are correctly defended by customs officers.
About the electronic training course
The course consists of approximately one hour of interactive material divided into five lessons as follows:
- Course introduction – short guide on how best to use the eLearning course
- Basics of IPR – explanation of the basic IPR concepts
- IPR Enforcement Process – detailed description of the new process (including the process for small consignments and ex officio), the time lines, the responsibilities of each party and much more
- Course summary
- Assessment – interactive quiz on the content of the eLearning
Development process and language versions
The course has been developed by the European Commission (Directorate General for Taxation and Customs Union) with the support of national experts and the collaboration of the Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (OHIM).
The course is available in the following languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Estonian, French, Hungarian, Croatian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, and the language of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
How should I Start to Use This Course?
- First, please save the zip-file to your hard disk
- Extract the zip-file to a folder of your choice
- Read the 'Quick Start Guide'- document in this folder
- This document will provide you with all the necessary technical information
- Install the course to your system as specified in this document or ask your system administrator to do so
Using the course does not require a high level of information technology skills on the part of the students.
Feedback on this course is very much welcomed by Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union: