EORI eLearning course
(Course on Economic Operators Registration and Identification number)
An eLearning course has been developed by the European Commission under the Customs 2013 Programme to help EU economic operators and customs officials implement the Economic Operators Registration and Identification number (EORI). The training has been prepared in collaboration with expert customs officials and is freely available for download. The course can be downloaded as a zip-archive in English, Bulgarian, Estonian, German, Greek, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Romanian, Slovak, and Macedonian.
The content of the file is as follows::
- The EORI Course
- Quick Start Guide document.
What is EORI?
As part of the 'Safety and Security Amendment' to the Community Customs Code a single registration number for economic operators that engage in customs activities has been mandatory since 1 July 2009. The number is called 'Economic Operators Registration and Identification number' (EORI). See also our database web page.
For economic operators EORI should reduce the administrative burden and simplify procedures, and for customs officers it should facilitate the identification of security risks and streamline procedures.
About the electronic training course
This training provides detailed practical guidance for economic operators and customs officials regarding the implementation of the Economic Operators Registration and Identification numbers.
The course consists of three units as follows:
- What does EORI mean for me?
- Who will need to apply for an EORI number?
- What do I need to do?
How to Start and Use the Course
- First, extract the zip-file to a folder of your choice on your computer
- Read the 'Quick Start Guide' document
- This document will provide you with all the necessary information
- Install the course to your system as specified in the Quick Start Guide document or ask your system administrator to do so
- Open the course and follow the instructions within the course