Navigation path

Additional tools



  • For general questions concerning the European Union please contact Europe Director Your Europe Advice. Those services reply to questions of EU citizens and businesses on their personal EU rights (personal rights deriving from EU law). You may also visit the "Your Europe" portalwhich offers a wide variety of information for European citizens and businesses on subjects such as travelling, studying, buying in another EU country, cross border workers, etc. Useful contact addresses in EU countries complement the value of the site.
  • The Europa website is currently affected by problems of broken links to the EUR-LEX database. Our technicians are working hard to fix this as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you click on a link to an EU piece of legislation and land on a page that says "the requested document does not exist" please enter the reference of the legislation in this search form under "Words in text/title" and insert the reference number (e.g. 7854/2014). We apologise for the inconvenience.
  • If you have questions on VAT, please note that EU Member States (National administrations) have the main responsibility for providing binding information on the interpretation and application of EU legislation. The Commission cannot give such advice. More details concerning national VAT administrations.
  • If none of the services above was able to reply to your question you may contact the Commission on tax or customs issues by using the contact form.

Postal address:

European Commission
Taxation and Customs Union DG
B-1049 Brussels

  • Privacy Statement for the Internet Website of the Commission's Taxation and Customs Union Directorate General.