Employment and Social Policy Council
The Council of EU Employment and Social Policy Ministers will meet on 17 February in Brussels.
The European Commission will be represented by László Andor, Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion and Vice-President Viviane Reding, Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship.
Employment and social inclusion issues will be:
- Debate on women on company boards
- Debate on progress on the Europe 2020 strategy
- Conclusions on 2012 priorities for employment and social policies
- Presentation of the third report on the social impact of the economic crisis and report on macro economic imbalances (alert mechanism report)
- Information by the Commission on the transitional arrangements on free movement of workers from Bulgaria and Romania
- State of play on International meetings, including G20 and EUROMED
- Preparation of the Tripartite Social Summit
More information about the Council's agenda