Now in its third edition, the Annual Convention for Inclusive Growth (ACIG) is an action-oriented platform bringing together civil society organisations and policymakers to discuss how to achieve truly inclusive growth.
The ACIG will take place on 27 April 2018. As the conference is fully booked, registration is now closed.
The EU is reflecting on its social dimension, on how to adapt our social models to current and future challenges and develop long-term solutions to fight poverty, increase employment and strengthen social cohesion and inclusion for all.
The European Pillar of Social Rights: on the road to implementation
This year, the one-day event will focus on the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights. It established a series of principles and rights to improve people's lives, and all actors now have a joint responsibility to deliver. The plenary debate and the workshops will tackle specific issues and lead to conclusions and policy recommendations pointing to concrete ways forward.
Interactive workshops for audience engagement
Six morning workshops will look at the solutions and tools that exist to implement the Pillar at all levels and by all actors:
- How can EU funding support the implementation of the Pillar at national and EU levels
- "No one left behind": how can the Sustainable Development Goals ensure an inclusive implementation of the Pillar?
- Implementing the Pillar through the European Semester
- Adult learning and skills: a key contribution to the Pillar
- The enabling and supporting role of social services
- Social economy and social enterprises: a boost for the implementation of the Pillar?
Side events will give participants the chance to share their experiences and ideas in the afternoon while a ‘speed-dating’ session will boost the exchange of concrete best practices on how to turn the Pillar into a reality.
The Convention will be opened by Marianne Thyssen, the Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility.
For any questions about the Convention, please write to the organisers.
The Convention on social media: #ACIG2018
Follow the Convention via web streaming.