Navigation path


(Updated 2016)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Child allowance
Other benefits for parents
For students
Housing benefit
Parental allowance

If you become sick
Benefit during sickness

Benefits in the case of occupational injury
Children with disabilities
Benefits for people with disabilities

Old-age and survivors
Survivor's protection and other benefits for pensioners

Social assistance
Social assistance

If you become unemployed

Moving abroad
The Swedish social insurance system - support from other EU countries can be included

Main residence
Resident in Sweden