Navigation path


(Updated 2016)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Child allowance
Family and Children's Benefits
Parental benefit

Health insurance for people insured by their employer

Occupational accidents and personal injuries causing incapacity for work
Benefits for disabled persons
Pension for incapacity for work

Old-age and survivors
Survivor's pension
Old-age pension
Non-resident pension recipient

Social assistance
State pensions

Unemployment insurance benefit

Moving abroad
Calculating the insurance period accumulated in other EU Member States
Your rights to social insurance in foreign States

Main residence
Social security benefits for permanent residents of Estonia or persons with residence permits