Navigation path


(Updated 2016)

Sometime in your life you may be in need of the support provided by social security benefits. If you are living in the country where you were born and satisfy the qualifying conditions, you will be entitled to receive support. But you also have the right to receive benefits if you are a national of any EU country and move to another part of the EU. The information below sets out when you are eligible for benefits, what you are entitled to and how to go about claiming it.

Child benefits
Child care
Maternity benefit

Health, public healthcare
Sickness benefit
Nursing care at home
Health, relatives

Incapacity/invalidity, accidents at work, including compensation and compensation for permanent injury
Incapacity/invalidity, flexi-job

Old-age and survivors
Pension and survivors

Social assistance
Social assistance and education allowance

Unemployment benefit

Moving abroad
Previous coverage–protection abroad, can count

Main residence
Primary country of residence