Neplánované lekárske ošetrenie
(National Health Insurance Fund)
Tel: +359 2 965 9116
Tel Hotline: 0800 14 800
Zdravotná starostlivosť a náklady
- Most doctors in Bulgaria are contracted by the National Health Insurance Fund
(NHIF), meaning that they should treat you upon presentation of your European
Health Insurance Card. You will be charged a consultation fee amounting BGN
- Most dental services are not covered, so you will usually be charged the
full cost of the treatment. If the dentist is not contracted with NHIF, you will be charged the
full cost of the treatment, which is non refundable.
- Hospital treatment in contracted by NHIF clinics or hospitals is
free of charge if you present your European Health Insurance Card. You will be
charged BGN 5.80 for each day of hospitalisation up to 10 days. After being
discharged you are entitled to two additional check-ups as part of
your inpatient treatment (treatment provided during a hospital stay).
- Medicine prescribed to you by a NHIF contracted doctor, may be
available at fully or partially subsidised prices at NHIF-contracted pharmacies.
Such Pharmacies have a NHIF Logo visible inside or outside the
- To get expensive medicine, which is totally covered by NHIF, you would need
“Prescription booklet”. This can be arranged by a General
Practitioner, upon consultation with a specialist, contracted by NHIF. For this purpose you
will have to make provisional choice of a General Practitioner.
Ambulance: call 150
- Free of charge in emergencies.
- The consultation fee is non-refundable in Bulgaria.
- If the dentist does not have a contract with the National Health Insurance Fund
(NHIF), you will be charged the full cost of treatment, which is non
- The cost of medication is non-refundable in Bulgaria.
- If you have had to pay for care, contact your national health insurance
provider once you return home to seek reimbursement.