Unforeseen medical treatment
Hrvatski zavod za zdravstveno osiguranje
(Croatian Health Insurance Fund – CHIF)
Margaretska 3, 10 000 Zagreb
Tel: +385 1 4806 333
Treatment & costs
- Treatment is free of charge if the hospital has a contract with the Croatian Health Insurance Fund (CHIF) (Hrvatski zavod za zdravstveno osiguranje - HZZO).
- You need a referral from a primary care doctor.
- You will be charged a daily fee of HRK 100 for hospital stay. The maximum amount per receipt is HRK 2000.
- You can get medicines prescribed by a primary care doctor from a pharmacy that has a contract with the Croatian Health Insurance Fund (CHIF) (Hrvatski zavod za zdravstveno osiguranje - HZZO)
- You will be charged a fee of HRK 10 per prescription.
- Necessary ambulance travel is covered.
- No information available.
The Croatian Health Insurance Fund cannot reimburse the costs that might have been charged despite the European Health Insurance Card. Upon your return to your country, please contact your competent health insurance institution for details on how to receive the reimbursement.