Unforeseen medical treatment
Agis Zorgverzekeringen (Agis healthcare insurance)
Tel: +31 33 445 68 70
Treatment & costs
- To take advantage of your European Health Insurance Card, you may consult a registered doctor working under the Dutch public healthcare scheme.
- State-provided dental care is only available for children. Everyone else must pay for dental treatment, which is not refundable in the Netherlands. If dental treatment is covered in your home country, your insurance provider there might reimburse you.
- If you are admitted to hospital (in an emergency), you will need to present your European Health Insurance Card.
- In some cases you might have to pay some charges. You may consult your pharmacist on questions regarding coverage.
- If you have to pay charges which are non-refundable in the Netherlands, you can always ask your insurance provider at home whether you are eligible for reimbursement.
- Ambulance service is free of charge provided a doctor considers it necessary.
- If necessary a trauma-helicopter will be sent.
You may contact the Agis Zorgverzekeringen office in the Netherlands to claim a reimbursement.
Groep Buitenlands Recht
3800 BS Amersfoort
Tel: + 31 33 445 68 70
If you have been unable to submit a claim during your stay in the Netherlands, you may also contact your national health insurance provider once you have returned home. Your national health insurer may contact Agis. You are entitled to reimbursement on the basis of the tariffs Agis normally would have paid to the healthcare provider under Dutch legislation.