The Ocean of Tomorrow
The Ocean of Tomorrow joint calls respond to one of the objectives set in the European Strategy for Marine and Maritime Research : integrating knowledge and performing cross cutting research to tackle challenges in ocean management.
Research projects gathering expertise and knowledge from scientific disciplines such as transport, environment, fisheries, aquaculture, energy, nanotechnologies and ICT are funded with the aim of making most of the sea potential, while protecting the marine environment. Transport research for the Ocean of Tomorrow supports the development of innovative and sustainable technologies and services in support to sea-based activities.
- Adaptation to new challenges linked to climate change, e.g. new navigation routes in the Arctic, exploitation of Arctic resources, environmental impact and prospective mitigations linked to new activities
- Mitigation of transport impact on the environment
- Development of innovative exploration vessels for coastal environmental protection
- Development of innovative transport services for sustainable offshore activities (energy production, resources extraction, fisheries, aquaculture based on offshore multi-use platforms)
- Innovative technologies for the support of novel maritime activities (such as onboard sensors)
- See also
- EU Marine and Maritime Research Strategy and the EC website dedicated to the Strategy
- Joint programming initiative on Healthy and Productive Seas and Oceans
- Marine research infrastructures expert group of DG Fisheries and Maritime Affairs