Innovation and competitiveness
With competition from emerging economies intensifying, innovation and high tech knowledge are needed to maintain Europe's competitiveness. In transport, this means using research to ensure sustainable, efficient and affordable transport services and to develop new skills and job opportunities.
- Develop new generations of transport products that are highly competitive, emit less CO2 and other pollutants, and are tailored to customers’ expectations.
- Create new niche markets for high technology added value products and services and take full advantage of eco-innovations.
- Improve the quality and competitiveness of surface transport services considering features such as price attractiveness, environmental friendliness, punctuality, frequency, real time information or leisure and work during travel time
- Drastically reduce maintenance and inspection costs
- Sustain economic development in Europe, create job opportunities and technology skills, with special focus on green technologies.
- Promote the start-up and emergence of new high-tech SMEs.
- Maintain the European share of ultra large cruise ship world production.