EU-China Aeronautics Workshop to take place in Beijing
The EU-China Workshop on Aeronautics Research and Technological Development will take place in Beijing on Friday, 15 April 2005. The aim is to discuss possibilities for co-operation with Chinese aeronautics researchers under European RTD programmes and to identify wider possibilities for collaboration.
Through the Advisory Council for Aeronautics Research in Europe (ACARE) and the Strategic Research Agenda (SRA)-recently launched in Brussels, the European aeronautics research community has taken an integrated approach towards the challenges of future aeronautics and air transport. The EU-China Workshop will include presentations on opportunities for third-party collaboration, including under the EU’s Research Framework Programmes.
Representatives from European industry, research and the European Commission will discuss and identify possible areas for RTD collaboration. Topics are to include:
- Perspectives for aeronautics research in Europe;
- Strategic priorities in the domain of aeronautics;
- Europe’s approach to future aeronautics challenges;
- Aeronautics research in the EU Framework Programme;
- Research collaboration – a bridge between China and Europe.
Technical sessions will address:
- Future aircraft;
- Future rotorcraft;
- Future aeroengines;
- Future aeronautics systems;
- Technology topics of interest to China.
Representatives of Chinese industrial and research communities will also present technical topics.