- Please refer to the following website for all information about transport research in Horizon 2020 .
EU Research Priorities
Research SuccessesView all |
- Lighter and stronger materials for greener aircraft
- EU-funded researchers have used carbon nanotubes to create exceptionally strong, lightweight and cost-effective materials for aircraft parts. They have demonstrated the potential of this material for making lighter aircraft that burn less fuel - a big boost to the competitiveness of Europe's transport industry.
- Saving lives with dynamic emergency exit signs
- In an emergency evacuation, indicating the safest exit can save lives. EU-funded researchers hope to minimise casualties with a smart sign system able to determine the safest exit and point people towards it. Trials have been encouraging, and discussions are underway on further developing some of the projects ground-breaking technologies.
EU research turning food waste into feed
Published on: 16/10/2014
City Logistics Research, a Transatlantic Perspective
Published on: 28/01/2014
Latest PublicationsView all
The aim of this publication is to provide information on 87 projects which were selected in the Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological ...