Events - single event
COP 21 - European Union flagship event “Research and innovation: our energy for a low-carbon future”
8 December 2015, Paris
EU research and innovation supports delivery on COP21 commitments
Τhe European Union flagship event “Research and innovation: our energy for a low-carbon future” will take place at the COP21 in Paris.
At the event distinguished speakers will highlight the critical role of research and innovation in making the transition to a low-carbon future happen.
More information on the new Research, Innovation and Competitiveness Strategy of the Energy Union there.
The speakers panel include:
- Maroš Šefčovič, European Commission Vice-President for the Energy Union
- Carlos Moedas Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, European Commission
- Jerzy Buzek, Member of the European Parliament, Chair of the European Parliament Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE)
- Hans-Joachim Schellnhuber, founding Director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
- Nicholas Stern, Chair of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at the London School of Economics (LSE)
- Peter Bakker, President of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development
The flagship event will take place on Tuesday, 8 December 2015, from 18.30 to 20.00. As of 18.00 a drink will be offered to participants.
The agenda and further information are available below.
We look forward to meeting you at COP21 in Paris!