Shared visions, common research futures
Conference on “The Future of Europeans in the Global Knowledge Society”: a meeting place for Europeans creating Futures
The International Foresight Conference “The Future of Europeans in the Global Knowledge Society (13-14 April 2005, in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium) was organised under the European Millenium Project Nodes Initiative, in partnership with the Institute Jules Destrée.
The conference tackled some main crucial questions through different plenary sessions, workshops and round tables planned over the two days:
- How can we translate key global issues to the European Union scale?
- What are the “burning issues” of Europe in the global context?
- How can European futures studies experts play a significant role in promoting global issues and developments?
- How can we develop and consolidate European cohesion and co-operation in promoting global prospects?
- How can we structure Foresight capabilities in Europe
Three target groups have been defined by the conference organisers: the university units (research & education) and other public organisations; the companies; and the civil servants and decision makers of European institutions.
More information can be found on the conference website.