Points of View:
What kind of services are being offered to SMEs?
Essentially, SMEs can benefit from three main types of service:
- Information and consulting on single market, regulations, funding opportunities and policies
- Assisting SMEs in developing within new markets, building partnerships (business, technological or research)
- Providing a way to give feedback to the Commission and European Institutions on policies and regulations.
Actual services in more detail:
- Providing personalised information via Q&A (eg. What does my product need to comply with if I want to export in this country?)
- Organising thematic workshops (eg. on the REACH directives related to chemical substances)
- Creating business opportunities or technology offers (through customised subscription)
- Searching for partners in Europe (creating a partnership profile and disseminating it through the network to identify potential partners)
- Organising match-making and technology brokerage events
- Taking companies abroad (company missions) or organising meetings with local enterprises for other European companies
- Consulting on innovation, legal matters (regulations and standards), and intellectual property matters.