• NEMO (Netherlands)
NEMO works with a number of research institutes, not only in
developing new exhibitions, but also in organizing events. The
research institutes can supply input, which NEMO then translates
for the public.
- An exhibition about DNA, to which the University of Amsterdam
and the Academic Medical Centre (AMC) contributed.
- An exhibit about Escher and maths is being developed along
with the University of Leiden.
- In cooperation with Shell, NEMO is developing an exhibit
about hydrogen as a source of energy.
- A festival about how the human body can be altered (“Made
to measure: homo sapiens 2.0) was organized together with the
- An event about satellite communication was organized together
with the National Aerospace Laboratory (NLR).
- Together with the educational department of the University
of Amsterdam, NEMO develops lesson programs for primary and
- Every year, a science fair is organized, giving all the research
institutes that NEMO works with the chance to meet the public.