- Towards a post-carbon society – European research on economic incentives and social behaviour
- 2007, 54 pages, ISBN 978-92-79-07622-0
- This publication describes the results and conclusions of a conference held in Brussels on 24 October 2007, attended by more than 500 guests from the public and private sectors.
- Mapping the maze: getting more women to the top in research
- 2008, 76 pages, ISBN 978-92-79-07618-3
- This report is the result of the work of an expert group on Women in Research Decision Making (WIRDEM). It aims to review positive actions and examples of best practice to promote women into senior positions in public research.
- European funded research on hydrogen and fuel cells
- 2008, 47 pages, ISBN 978-92-79-06940-6
- Proceedings of the conference European Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Review Days 2007 (Brussels, 10-11 October 2007) presenting European research success stories in the hydrogen and fuel cell field
- Genomics & biotechnology for health – Alternative testing strategies
- 2008, 98 pages, ISBN 978-92-79-05689-5
- A compilation of projects and results obtained under the European Union's Sixth Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development for developing alternative testing strategies to reduce, replace and refine the use of animals in research.
- Integrating science in society issues in scientific research
- 2007, 24 pages, ISBN 978-92-79-06797-6
- Summary of the various projects conducted under the European Union's Sixth Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development in support of the European debate on “Science and Society” issues. Apart from taking a cross-cutting approach to the subject, the focus is placed on ethical issues, gender equality, governance, scientific education, public outreach and dialogue, and communication.
- Hyways – The European Hydrogen Roadmap
- 2008, 52 pages, ISBN 978-92-79-07824-8
- This is a roadmap produced by the Hyways project (part of the European Union's Sixth Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development) to analyse the potential economic, social and environmental impact of large-scale use of hydrogen between now and the year 2050. This publication is available only for downloading from the website http://ec.europa.eu/research/energy
You can consult and order more publications about the European Union from the EU Bookshop: bookshop.europa.eu