TOPIC : Protection
|Publication date:||18 October 2017|
|Types of action:||ISFP-AG ISF-Police Action Grant|
|DeadlineModel: Opening date:||single-stage 26 October 2017||Deadline:||01 February 2018 17:00:00|
|Time Zone : (Brussels time)|
Projects must be aiming to achieve one or more of the following outcomes:
Protecting public spaces:
Development, implementation and roll-out of new concepts of urban landscape design aiming at reducing the vulnerability of public spaces, offering shelters in case of active shooting attack, blocking the way of ramming vehicles and mitigating blast waves;
Increase cross-sectoral preparedness of EU Member States' agencies and authorities to terrorist attack against public spaces, incl. via trainings, exercises and establishment of regional law enforcement training facilities providing comprehensive training programmes for law enforcement/security authorities in protection of public spaces and other soft targets. The training programmes should be closely aligned with the Commission's ongoing activities in this area;
Development of cross-border, cross-sectoral cooperation and coordination mechanisms for first responders in the immediate response to terrorist attacks, incl. via trainings, exercises and exchange of best practice and lessons learned;
Enhancing protection of public spaces, urban areas and other soft targets via trainings, sharing of best practices and awareness raising activities.
Strengthening CBRN security:
Increase cross-sectoral preparedness of EU Member States' agencies and authorities to CBRN incidents in the context of the EU CBRN preparedness and response programme, incl. via trainings, exercises and improvement of law enforcement CBRN training facilities;
Increase cooperation between CBRN training institutes and facilities in the EU with a view, to create an EU catalogue of training curricula, taking into account work already done;
Increase awareness of high-risk CBRN materials amongst EU export control experts, including training programme;
- Provide guidance and advice on technical and scientific issues to Member States and EU institutions on CBRN security, including during incidents, through the development of an EU expert support structure.
Commission Recommendation on the implementation of Regulation 98/2013:
- Capacity building in restricting and controlling the marketing and use of explosives precursors: Projects supporting the Commission Recommendation on the implementation of Regulation 98/2013 by, e.g., designing wide-reaching awareness-raising initiatives, increasing cross-border cooperation, identifying low-risk alternatives to high-risk chemicals, and/or developing innovative methods and tools for enforcing legislation and for helping public authorities and the supply chain assess their risks and vulnerabilities and comply with requirements and recommendations.
Emerging threats to critical infrastructure and public spaces:
Increase protection against existing and new threats, including unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs);
Address the issue of insider threats in the context of private operators (outside the aviation sector).
Topic conditions and documents
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
1. List of eligible countries:
All EU Member States, with the exception of the United Kingdom and Denmark.
International organisations may be established outside of the Member States participating in the ISF Police instrument.
2. Admissibility requirements and eligibility criteria: See sections 5 and 6 of the Call document.
3. Indicative timetable for evaluation and contract signature: See section 3 of the Call document.
4. Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
- Guide for applicants
- Standard proposal template – AMIF, ISFB and ISFP
- Model Grant agreement for multi-beneficiary grants
5. Additional documents:
- ISF-P annual work programme 2017
- ISF-P legal basis: Regulation (EU) No. 513/2014 and Regulation (EU) No. 514/2014
- EU Financial regulation
Members of consortium are required to conclude a consortium agreement, in principle prior to the signature of the grant agreement.
To access the Electronic Submission Service of the topic, please select the type of action that is most relevant to your proposal from the list below and click on the 'Start Submission' button. You will then be asked to confirm your choice of the type of action and topic, as these cannot be changed in the submission system. Upon confirmation you will be linked to the correct entry point.
To access existing draft proposals for this topic, please login to the Participant Portal and select the My Proposals page of the My Area section.
|Type of Action||ISFP Action Grant [ISFP-AG]|
|Topic||Protection - ISFP-2017-AG-PROTECT|
|Guidance on proposal submission:||H2020 online manual|
Contact the HOME-ISF@ec.europa.eu for further assistance related to content of the call and topics.
Participant Portal FAQ – Submission of proposals.
IT Helpdesk – contact the IT helpdesk for questions such as forgotten passwords, access rights and roles, technical aspects of submission of proposals, etc.
H2020 Online Manual - Please use the manual with caution and only for the Participant Portal tools guidance, i.e. Submission service and Beneficiary register. It is H2020 specific and does not cover the ISFP rules. Some aspects of these funds are different from the provisions of the H2020 programme.