TOPIC : Comparative law studies (including dissemination of the results and a concluding conference)
|Publication date:||13 June 2017|
|Types of action:||HERCULE-AG Hercule III Action Grant|
|DeadlineModel: Opening date:||single-stage 13 June 2017||Deadline:||09 August 2017 17:00:00|
|Time Zone : (Brussels time)|
Developing high-profile research activities, including studies in comparative law ("Comparative law studies"), covering the following topics in particular:
1) Future development of OLAF and other European bodies in charge with the protection of the financial interests of the EU, including:
a) the identification of new threats against the EU's financial interests (both revenues and expenditures) or as the result of new (policy) developments;
b) operational cooperation between OLAF, EUROJUST, EUROPOL and the future EPPO, and between them and other partners;
c) investigation and prosecution of criminal and administrative offences under federal systems and potential obstacles to cooperation with the future EPPO.
2) Gathering and use of forensic evidence in relation to the protection of the financial interests of the Union, in particular in relation to:
a) procedural criminal and administrative law requirements in the Member States and third countries with regard to securing digital forensic evidence in administrative and criminal investigations;
b) the admissibility of electronic evidence in court proceedings;
c) the use of audio and video recordings in administrative and criminal law investigations, especially to ensure the quality, validity and reliability of gathered evidence.
3) The relationship between the Union's competences to carry out on-the-spot checks and national procedural requirements applicable to administrative and criminal investigations.
4) The impact of discrepancies between Member States' national legal systems to combat financial cybercrime, for successfully fighting fraud, corruption and irregularities affecting the financial interests of the Union.
5) Legal provisions and best practices for the protection of whistle-blowers in the area of the protection of the Union's financial interests, and the impact of discrepancies between Member States' national legal systems to protect whistle-blowers and secure information and evidence from whistle-blowers and other information sources.
The results of the studies have to be made available and may be presented during conferences or seminars that can be considered part of the specific action.
Topic conditions and documents
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
1. List of countries and applicable rules for funding: Described in section 2.2 of the Call Document: Legal Training
2. Eligibility and admissibility conditions: Described in section 6.2 of the Call Document Legal Training
3.1. Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: Described in section 6 of the Call Document Legal Training
3.2. For submission and evaluation process, see the Call Document Legal Training
4. Proposal page limits and layout: see the proposal template part B
5. Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement: described in section 8 of the Call Document Legal Training
6. Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
7. Additional documents:
Annual work programme 2017
No submission system is open for this topic.
For further assistance related to the call, topics and the content of proposals, please contact: OLAF-FMB-HERCULE@ec.europa.eu
Participant Portal FAQ – Submission of proposals.
IT Helpdesk – contact the IT helpdesk for questions such as forgotten passwords, access rights and roles, technical aspects of submission of proposals, etc.
H2020 Online Manual – Please use the manual with caution and only for the Participant Portal tools guidance, i.e. Submission service and Beneficiary register, because it is H2020 specific and does not cover the Justice Programme rules. Some aspects of the Justice Programme are different from the provisions of the H2020 programme.