TOPIC : Modeling of friction effects caused by surface contact with high pressure and rapid movement
|Publication date:||12 April 2018|
|Types of action:||CS2-RIA Research and Innovation action|
|DeadlineModel: Opening date:||single-stage 03 May 2018||Deadline:||12 July 2018 17:00:00|
|Time Zone : (Brussels time)|
15 June 2018 10:28
Release 3 of the Questions & Answers document was added on 15 June 2018. See the "Additional Documents" section.
18 May 2018 16:54
Release 2 of the Questions & Answers document was added on 18 May 2018. See the "Additional Documents" section.
25 April 2018 13:32
The 2 B.I template documents were modified to highlight the fact that there is a different version of the B.I template to be used when applying for Thematic Topics vis-a-vis non-Thematic topics. This was already stated since the publication of this call call but was made even more visible with this update. No change in substance was made. The templates are in the "Additional Documents" section for each topic and can also be downloaded from the submission system.
23 April 2018 15:54
Release 1 of the Questions & Answers document was added on 23 April 2018. See the "Additional Documents" section.
Topic DescriptionSpecific Challenge:
The goal of this work package is to investigate the in-situ surface processes at a bearing contact of a landing gear shock strut during operation and to develop an enhanced model for simulation of stress / fatigue levels depending on the operational conditions. Please refer to the full topic descriptions document published in this call.
Topic conditions and documents
1. Countries eligible for funding: described in the Clean Sky 2 Work Plan.
2. Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in the Clean Sky 2 Work Plan.
Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the proposal template in the submission tool below.
- Evaluation criteria, scoring and thresholds: described in the Clean Sky 2 Work Plan.
- Submission and evaluation processes: described in the Clean Sky 2 Rules for submission, evaluation, selection, award and review procedures of calls for proposals.
4. Indicative time for evaluation and grant agreement: maximum 8 months from the date of closure of the call.
5. Proposal templates and model grant agreements (MGA):
Proposal templates are available after entering the submission tool and in the "Additional Documents" Section below.
Model Grant Agreements are shown here:.
H2020 Clean Sky 2 JU MGA for Partners - Multi-Beneficiary
H2020 Clean Sky 2 JU MGA for Partners - Mono-Beneficiary
H2020 Annotated Grant Agreement
6. Additional provisions:
Clean Sky 2 Budget Flexibility: described in the Clean Sky 2 JU Work Plan.
Members of consortium are required to conclude a consortium agreement prior to the signature of the grant agreement.
7. Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions.
Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
Open access to research data
The Open Research Data Pilot has been extended to cover all Horizon 2020 topics for which the submission is opened on 26 July 2016 or later. Projects funded under this topic will therefore by default provide open access to the research data they generate, except if they decide to opt-out under the conditions described in Annex L of the H2020 Work Programme. Projects can opt-out at any stage, that is both before and after the grant signature.
Note that the evaluation phase proposals will not be evaluated more favourably because they plan to open or share their data, and will not be penalised for opting out.
Open research data sharing applies to the data needed to validate the results presented in scientific publications. Additionally, projects can choose to make other data available open access and need to describe their approach in a Data Management Plan.
Projects need to create a Data Management Plan (DMP), except if they opt-out of making their research data open access. A first version of the DMP must be provided as an early deliverable within six months of the project and should be updated during the project as appropriate. The Commission already provides guidance documents, including a template for DMPs. See the Online Manual.
Eligibility of costs: costs related to data management and data sharing are eligible for reimbursement during the project duration.
The legal requirements for projects participating in this pilot are in the article 29.3 of the Model Grant Agreement.
8. Additional documents:
Clean Sky 2 Joint Technical Programme
Clean Sky 2 JU Financial Rules
Clean Sky 2 JU Regulation of Establishment
H2020 Regulation of Establishment
H2020 Rules for Participation
H2020 Specific Programme
- Release 3 of the Questions and Answers Document (15 June 2018) en
- Release 2 of the Questions and Answers Document (18 May 2018) en
- Release 1 of the Questions and Answers Document (23 April 2018) en
- Full and Formal Description of Topics in this Call en
- Template for Part B.I of Thematic Proposals en
- Template for Part B.I of non-Thematic Proposals en
- Take care to use the correct B.I template depending on the topic you chose and note the different page limits.
- Template for Part B.II of Proposal en
- Template for Part C of Proposal (Optional) en
- Guidence for optional Part C of proposals - European Structural and Investment Funds en
- Template for Part D of Proposal en
- A template for Part A is not provided here becuase Part A consists of on-line forms in the submission system.
- Model Implimentation Agreement (2017) en
- ITD / IADP Model Consortium Agreement en
- The Templates for drafting proposals will also be available in the submission system (SEP).
- CS2 Joint Technical Programme (for size reasons this very large doc can be downloaded separatly in section 8 under the topic conditions and documents tab)
No submission system is open for this topic.
Clean Sky 2 National Contact Points: Clean Sky 2 JU States Representative Group
Clean Sky 2 Helpdesk: Info-Call-CFPfirstname.lastname@example.org
H2020 Online Manual is your guide on the procedures from proposal submission to managing your grant.
Participant Portal FAQ – Submission of proposals.
National Contact Points (NCP) - contact your NCP for further assistance in your national language(s).
Research Enquiry Service – ask questions about any aspect of European research in general and the EU Research Framework Programmes in particular.
Enterprise Europe Network – contact your EEN national contact for advice to businesses with special focus on SMEs. The support includes guidance on the EU research funding.
IT Helpdesk - contact the Participant Portal IT helpdesk for questions such as forgotten passwords, access rights and roles, technical aspects of submission of proposals, etc.
European IPR Helpdesk assists you on intellectual property issues
CEN and CENELEC, the European Standards Organisations, advise you how to tackle standardisation in your project proposal. Contact CEN-CENELEC Research Helpdesk at email@example.com
Partner Search Services help you find a partner organisation for your proposal.