TOPIC : H2020-ECSEL-2018-2-RIA-Special-Topic
|Publication date:||21 February 2018|
|Focus area:||Digitising and transforming European industry and services (DT)|
|Types of action:||ECSEL-RIA ECSEL Research and Innovation Action|
|DeadlineModel: Opening date:||two-stage 21 February 2018||Deadline: 2nd stage Deadline:||
26 April 2018 17:00:00
20 September 2018 17:00:00
|Time Zone : (Brussels time)|
Topic conditions and documents
Applicants are invited to carefully read all the provisions below before preparing and submitting their proposals.
The estimated EU budget for this call is given in the ECSEL Work Plan 2018 and in the topic header above. For the most up to date information concerning the budget commitments of the ECSEL Participating States applicants are invited to check the ECSEL JU web site.
The specific provisions and funding rates (both EU and national) are described in the ECSEL Work Plan 2018.
1. Eligible countries: described in Annex 1 (EU Funding) and Section 9 (National/ Regional/ ESI Funding) of the ECSEL Work Plan 2018.
2. Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in Annex 1, Annex 6, and Section 9 (specific National/ Regional/ ESI Funding eligibility conditions) of the ECSEL Work Plan 2018.
CAUTION: For the stage 2 (FPP - "Full Project Proposal" stage) the proposals must include a draft plan for the exploitation and dissemination of the results!
Proposal page limits and layout:
Chapter "excellence" - 60 pages
Chapter "impact "- 60 pages
Chapter "implementation" - 60 pages
The layout requirements are indicated in the Part B (Technical Annex) template in the submission system below.
- Evaluation and selection procedures related to the ECSEL Calls for proposals are described in the ECSEL PAB decision and the Guide for Applicants to ECSEL Calls (see additional documents)
- Evaluation criteria, scoring and thresholds are described in Annex 6 of the ECSEL Work Plan 2018
4. Indicative time for evaluation and grant agreement:
ECSEL 2018-2-RIA follows a two-stage evaluation timeline:
For stage 1 (PO - "Proposal Outline" stage): maximum 3 months from the deadline for submission.
For stage 2 (FPP - "Full Project Proposal" stage): maximum 5 months from the deadline for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 8 months from the stage 2 deadline for submission.
5. Proposal templates and model grant agreements (MGA):
The Proposal templates are available after entering the submission tool below. They include the following:
Part A - will be filled directly in the submission tool (web-based application)
Part B - Technical Annex
EoI (Expression of Interest) for an ECSEL Lighthouse Initiative (to be submitted only at the stage 2 - FPP)
Part C - Templates for the applicants in the ECSEL Participating States requesting a Part C are available as indicated in Section 9 of the ECSEL Work Plan 2018.
For the applicants' convenience a model of the Part B and EoI for Lighthouse Initiative Templates are provided in the additional documents (these are for information only, cannot be edited!)
6. Additional requirements:
- The Focus Area/ Topic/ Major Challenge OPEN are listed in the Annex 6 of the ECSEL Work Plan 2018
- Classified information - described in Annex 1 of the ECSEL Work Plan 2018
- Technology readiness levels (TRL) – described in Annex 1 of the ECSEL Work Plan 2018
- Capping on EU Funding and national/regional/ESI Funding - described in the Annex 6 and Section 9 of the ECSEL Work Plan 2018
- Financial support to Third Parties – described in Annex 1 and Annex 6 of the ECSEL Work Plan 2018
Members of consortium are required to conclude a consortium agreement, in principle prior to the signature of the grant agreement.
7. Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions.
Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
Open access to research data
The Open Research Data Pilot has been extended to cover all Horizon 2020 topics for which the submission is opened on 26 July 2016 or later. Projects funded under this topic will therefore by default provide open access to the research data they generate, except if they decide to opt-out under the conditions described in Annex L of the H2020 main Work Programme. Projects can opt-out at any stage, that is both before and after the grant signature.
Note that the evaluation phase proposals will not be evaluated more favourably because they plan to open or share their data, and will not be penalised for opting out.
Open research data sharing applies to the data needed to validate the results presented in scientific publications. Additionally, projects can choose to make other data available open access and need to describe their approach in a Data Management Plan.
Projects need to create a Data Management Plan (DMP), except if they opt-out of making their research data open access. A first version of the DMP must be provided as an early deliverable within six months of the project and should be updated during the project as appropriate. The Commission already provides guidance documents, including a template for DMPs. See the Online Manual.
Eligibility of costs: costs related to data management and data sharing are eligible for reimbursement during the project duration.
The legal requirements for projects participating in this pilot are in the article 29.3 of the Model Grant Agreement.
8. Additional documents
- ECSEL JU Work Plan 2018 (version 05 Sept 2018)
- ECSEL MASP 2018 (Multi Annual Strategic Plan)
- Guide for Applicants to ECSEL JU Calls for Proposals
- Part B (Technical Annex) Template Model for ECSEL-IA and ECSEL-RIA Actions (version 2.0 - 18 June 2018)
- EoI (Expression of Interest) Lighthouse Initiative Template Model
- Self-Evaluation Form for ECSEL-IA and ECSEL-RIA Actions
- ECSEL PAB Decision on evaluation and selection procedures
- ECSEL GB Decision on Lighthouse Initiatives
- ECSEL PAB Decision on ECSEL Calls 2018
- ECSEL JU Regulation of Establishment
- H2020 Regulation of Establishment
- H2020 Rules for Participation
- H2020 Specific Programme
No submission system is open for this topic.
ECSEL HelpDesk – firstname.lastname@example.org
ECSEL National Contact Points - see Section 9 of the ECSEL Work Plan 2018
H2020 Online Manual is your guide on the procedures from proposal submission to managing your grant.
Participant Portal FAQ – Submission of proposals.
IT Helpdesk - contact the Participant Portal IT helpdesk for questions such as forgotten passwords, access rights and roles, technical aspects of submission of proposals, etc.
European IPR Helpdesk assists you on intellectual property issues
CEN and CENELEC, the European Standards Organisations, advise you how to tackle standardisation in your project proposal. Contact CEN-CENELEC Research Helpdesk at email@example.com