H2020-ICT-2014-1Sub call of: H2020-ICT-2014
|Opening Date||11-12-2013||Deadline Date||23-04-2014 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)|
|Publication date||11-12-2013||Total Call Budget||€658,500,000|
|Status||Closed||Main Pillar||Industrial Leadership|
|OJ reference||OJ C361 of 11.12.2013|
|Topic:||Development of novel materials and systems for OLED lighting||ICT-29-2014|
Specific Challenge: In the last 10 years, European industry (both SMEs and large companies) has made significant investments in OLED technologies, i.e., materials, devices and manufacturing processes. However, major S&T progress and research and innovation (R&I) investments are required in OLEDs, in particular for the realisation of flexible, high brightness light sources over large areas. The further technological development of OLEDs is expected to give Europe a leading position on the world general lighting market and create new manufacturing jobs for novel consumer products. Moreover, the move to OLEDs would help in reducing the amount of electricity consumed by lighting and limiting carbon dioxide emissions.
Research & Innovation Actions should focus on materials, process and device technology for OLED lighting. The aim is to realise OLED devices over larger surfaces, with higher brightness, larger uniformity and longer lifetimes. A demonstrator should be provided at the end of every project. A specific target for OLED lighting is energy efficacy of above 100 lm/W, considering also improved out-coupling efficiency. The materials have to allow for a competitive lifetime for all colours and white light (lifetime of several hundred hours at 97% of the original intensity). Attention should be paid to recyclability issues and the environmental impact of the materials and systems as appropriate. Proposals should involve material suppliers, OLED manufacturers or suppliers and OLED system integrators.
- Cost performance breakthroughs - lighting systems with production costs of 1€/100 lm.
- Secured and reinforced industrial technology leadership and substantially increased market presence in lighting.
- Improved business opportunities and value creation in Europe in lighting by reinforced cooperation along the value chain.
Type of Action:
Research & Innovation Actions – Proposals requesting a Small contribution are expected
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
To see the budget earmarked for this topic, please look at the call budget distribution table by topic in the workprogramme.
1. List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
2. Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in part B and C of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme
3.1 Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: described in part H of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme
3.2 Guide to the submission and evaluation process
4. Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
5. Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Information on the outcome of one-stage evaluation: maximum 5 months from the final date for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 3 months from the date of informing successful applicants.
6. Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Research and Innovation Action:
7. Additional provisions:
Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
8. Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
You can download the same documents as one zip file from the call page
- Call Flash Info en
- Legal basis - Specific Programme H2020 en
- WP H2020 - 1. Introduction en
- WP H2020 - 5. Introduction to Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies (LEITs) en
- WP H2020 - 5i. Information and communication technologies (ICT) en
- WP H2020 - 17. Communication and Dissemination en
- Legal basis - Framework Programme H2020 en
- Legal basis - Rules for Participation en
- WP H2020 - 19. General Annexes en
- A guide to ICT-related activities in WP2014-15 en
No submission system is open for this topic.