H2020-NMP-CSA-2015Sub call of: H2020-NMP-2014-2015
|Publication date||11-12-2013||Deadline Date||26-03-2015 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)|
|Total Call Budget||€2,650,000||Main Pillar||Industrial Leadership|
|Status||Open||OJ reference||OJ C361 of 11 December 2013|
|Topic:||Support for clustering and networking in the micro- & nanofluidics community||NMP-40-2015|
Specific challenge: Micro- & nanofluidics is an interdisciplinary field which brings together several KETs, finds application in most Grand Societal Challenges (high TRL), and is also characterized by new and exciting technological developments (low TRL). While commercial product success stories already exist (e.g. inkjet printheads), system integration, manufacturability and affordability remain significant challenges for micro-& nanofluidics applications with multiple or more complex functionalities. The field is characterised by a high number of research groups and enterprises developing knowledge and technology for many diverse application fields.
Scope: Because of the multi-disciplinary nature of the applications of micro- and nanofluidics, often involving other KETs, a clustering approach could bring about benefits through cross-fertilisation (e.g. reporting of technological progress; exchange or licensing of IPR) and identification of value chain elements required for industrial success. Clustering and networking activities could also include identification and preparation for demonstration and pilot-line activities, as well as other support activities that would be required, e.g. forming of industry alliances, pre-commercial procurement and (formal or industrial) standardisation. The final target is to tackle the bottleneck of deploying micro- & nanofluidics in Europe, in order to foster innovation in products and/or processes and/or the sustainability of our industrial economy. Proposals can include feasibility analyses and build readiness towards possible future demonstration and pilot line activities.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU between EUR 250 000 and 500 000 would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of a proposal requesting another amount. No more than one proposal will be funded.
• Facilitating and speeding up the industrial exploitation and success of existing research results in the micro- & nanofluidics field;
• -Building up of networks and alliances for further R&D and industrial innovation.
Type of action: Coordination and Support Action
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
- List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in part B and C of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
3.1 Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: described in part H of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme with the following exceptions:
For single-stage and second-stage evaluations, the threshold for the criteria Excellence and Impact will be 4. The overall threshold, applying to the sum of the three individual scores, will be 12.
In case of equal overall scores in the ranked list, the priority order of proposals will be established in accordance with part H of the General Annexes, except that proposals will be ranked on the basis of individual scores for the Impact criterion before the Excellence criterion.
3.2 Guide to the submission and evaluation process
Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Information on the outcome of one-stage evaluation: maximum 5 months from the final date for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 3 months from the date of informing successful applicants.
Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Coordination and Support Action:
Specific provisions and funding rates
Standard proposal template (administrative forms and structure of technical annex)
Standard evaluation form
Annotated Model Grant Agreement
Additional provisions:Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
Technology readiness levels (TRL) – where a topic description refers to TRL, these definitions apply.
Financial support to Third Parties – where a topic description foresees financial support to Third Parties, these provisions apply.
- Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
You can download the same documents as one zip file from the call page
- Legal basis - Specific Programme H2020 en
- WP H2020 - 1. Introduction en
- WP H2020 - 5. Introduction to Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies (LEITs) en
- WP H2020 - 5ii. Nanotechnologies, advanced materials, advanced manufacturing and processing, biotechnology en
- Legal basis - Framework Programme H2020 en
- Legal basis - Rules for Participation en
- WP H2020 - 19. General Annexes en
To access the Electronic Submission Service of the topic, please select the type of action that is most relevant to your proposal from the list below and click on the 'Start Submission' button. You will then be asked to confirm your choice of the type of action, the topic for the call, as these cannot be changed subsequently in the submission system. Upon confirmation you will be linked to the correct entry point.
To access existing draft proposals for this topic, please login to the Participant Portal and select the My Proposals page of the My Area section.
|Type of Action||Coordination & support action [CSA]|
|Topic||Support for clustering and networking in the micro- & nanofluidics community - NMP-40-2015|
|Guidance on proposal submission:||H2020 online manual|