H2020-NMP-ERA-NET-2015Sub call of: H2020-NMP-2014-2015
|Opening Date||22-10-2014||Deadline Date||26-03-2015 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)|
|Publication date||11-12-2013||Total Call Budget||€12,750,000|
|Status||Open||Main Pillar||Industrial Leadership|
|OJ reference||OJ C361 of 11 December 2013|
|Topic:||ERA-NET on Materials (including Materials for Energy)||NMP-14-2015|
Specific challenge: Maintaining Europe’s position in research related to materials science and engineering requires concentrated action on common European research priorities in view of implementing joint initiatives. The Materials Roadmap Enabling Low Carbon Energy Technologies (SEC (2011)1609) was recently published in the context of the Strategic Energy Technology (SET) Plan. A strategic and industrial relevant approach to implement this roadmap needs to cover the entire research and innovation chain by pooling national research and innovation capacities, thereby mobilising European infrastructure networks as well as promoting education and training in materials research and innovation.
Scope: The proposed ERA-NET aims at coordinating the research efforts of the participating Member States, Associated States and Regions in the field of materials, continuing the activities started by M-ERA.NET, for materials research and innovation, especially enabling low carbon energy technologies, and to implement a joint transnational call for proposals (resulting in grants to third parties) with EU co-funding to fund multinational innovative research initiatives in this domain.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of EUR 10 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. At least 50% of this amount should be used for implementing the Materials Roadmap Enabling Low Carbon Energy Technologies. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
· Synergies and coherence in key fields of industrial materials research at national and regional level;
· Implementation of relevant parts of the Materials Roadmap Enabling Low Carbon Energy Technologies (SEC(2011)1609), and relevant objectives of the SET-Plan (COM (2009)519).
Type of action: ERA-NET (COFUND).
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
- List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in part B and C of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
3.1 Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: described in part H of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme, with the following exceptions:
For single-stage and second-stage evaluations, the threshold for the criteria Excellence and Impact will be 4. The overall threshold, applying to the sum of the three individual scores, will be 12.
In case of equal overall scores in the ranked list, the priority order of proposals will be established in accordance with part H of the General Annexes, except that proposals will be ranked on the basis of individual scores for the Impact criterion before the Excellence criterion.
3.2 Guide to the submission and evaluation process
- Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Information on the outcome of one-stage evaluation: maximum 5 months from the final date for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 3 months from the date of informing successful applicants.
- Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Specific provisions and funding rates
Standard proposal template (administrative forms and structure of technical annex)
Standard evaluation form
Annotated Model Grant Agreement
- Additional provisions:
Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
Technology readiness levels (TRL) – where a topic description refers to TRL, these definitions apply.
Financial support to Third Parties – where a topic description foresees financial support to Third Parties, these provisions apply.
- Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
To access the Electronic Submission Service of the topic, please select the type of action that is most relevant to your proposal from the list below and click on the 'Start Submission' button. You will then be asked to confirm your choice of the type of action, the topic for the call, as these cannot be changed subsequently in the submission system. Upon confirmation you will be linked to the correct entry point.
To access existing draft proposals for this topic, please login to the Participant Portal and select the My Proposals page of the My Area section.
|Type of Action||ERA-NET Cofund [ERA-NET-Cofund]|
|Topic||ERA-NET on Materials (including Materials for Energy) - NMP-14-2015|
|Guidance on proposal submission:||H2020 online manual|