H2020-NMP-CSA-2015Sub call of: H2020-NMP-2014-2015
|Planned Opening Date||22-10-2014|
|Publication date||11-12-2013||Deadline Date||26-03-2015 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)|
|Total Call Budget||€2,650,000||Main Pillar||Industrial Leadership|
|Status||Forthcoming||OJ reference||OJ C361 of 11 December 2013|
Specific challenge: An integral part of the LEIT-NMP part of Horizon 2020 is to organise events of a major strategic nature. Examples are events organised together with successive EU presidencies; and also EuroNanoForum, Manufuture, NMP Conferences and World Manufacturing Forum. The proposed Support Action(s) should contribute to creating better synergy between initiatives launched by the Commission and by the Member States, to the benefit of the coherence of the overall actions within the field of research and innovation within the Industrial Leadership part. Member States which will hold a forthcoming Presidency of the European Union are Latvia and Luxemburg in 2015, and The Netherlands and Slovakia in 2016, and they may be particularly interested in this topic.
In order to ensure high political and strategic relevance, the active involvement of the competent National Authority(ies) will be evaluated.
Proposals should address topics of major relevance at the time of the events. An appropriate equilibrium should be present in the proposed action(s), with balanced presentations of various research and industrial elements and points of view. Participation of non-EU actors is possible. Outreach activities may be included, such as a press programme or events dedicated to the wider public or schools.
Scope: The commitment of the national authorities to support the event(s) (from a political point of view, but also with resources) should be a pre-requisite to submit a proposal. The application should be supported by the competent Minister, in a letter added to the application.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU between EUR 300 000 and 600 000 would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts. No more than one action will be funded for each Presidency (possibly covering more than one event).
· Review of research, industrial and/or societal developments linked to the Industrial Leadership part areas, as appropriate;
· Sharing of information and comparison of points of views; and
· Networking various stakeholders and supporting their activities, e.g. natural scientists, social scientists, researchers, industrialists, investors, environmentalists, museums and schools.
Type of action: Coordination and Support Actions
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
- List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in part B and C of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
3.1 Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: described in part H of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme, with the following exceptions:
For single-stage and second-stage evaluations, the threshold for the criteria Excellence and Impact will be 4. The overall threshold, applying to the sum of the three individual scores, will be 12.
In case of equal overall scores in the ranked list, the priority order of proposals will be established in accordance with part H of the General Annexes, except that proposals will be ranked on the basis of individual scores for the Impact criterion before the Excellence criterion.
3.2 Guide to the submission and evaluation process
- Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Information on the outcome of one-stage evaluation: maximum 5 months from the final date for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 3 months from the date of informing successful applicants.
- Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Coordination and Support Action:
Specific provisions and funding rates
Standard proposal template (administrative forms and structure of technical annex)
Standard evaluation form
Annotated Model Grant Agreement
- Additional provisions:
Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
Technology readiness levels (TRL) – where a topic description refers to TRL, these definitions apply.
Financial support to Third Parties – where a topic description foresees financial support to Third Parties, these provisions apply.
- Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
You can download the same documents as one zip file from the call page
- Legal basis - Specific Programme H2020 en
- WP H2020 - 1. Introduction en
- WP H2020 - 5. Introduction to Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies (LEITs) en
- WP H2020 - 5ii. Nanotechnologies, advanced materials, advanced manufacturing and processing, biotechnology en
- Legal basis - Framework Programme H2020 en
- Legal basis - Rules for Participation en
- WP H2020 - 19. General Annexes en
The submission system will be available on the planned opening date. As soon as the submission is open, the topic will be moved to the category of OPEN calls. If the submission system is not yet open on the planned opening date, the topic will remain under the category FORTHCOMING calls.