H2020-NMP-CSA-2014Sub call of: H2020-NMP-2014-2015
|Publication date||11-12-2013||Deadline Date||06-05-2014 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)|
|Total Call Budget||€12,500,000||Main Pillar||Industrial Leadership|
|Status||Closed||OJ reference||OJ C361 of 11 December 2013|
Specific challenge: Facilitate trans-national co-operation between NCPs within the Industrial leadership Part with a view to identifying and sharing good practices and raising the general standard of support to programme applicants.
Scope: Support will be given to a consortium of formally nominated NCPs in the area of Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies (Nanotechnologies, Advanced Materials, Advanced manufacturing and processing). The activities will be tailored according to the nature of the theme, and the priorities of the NCPs concerned. Various mechanisms may be included, such as benchmarking, joint workshops, enhanced cross-border brokerage events, training, and twinning schemes. Special attention will be given to helping less experienced NCPs rapidly acquire the know-how accumulated in other countries.
The focus throughout should be on issues specific to the Industrial Leadership part, with the possible inclusion of interdisciplinary approaches, e.g. by involving Social Sciences and Humanities. It should not duplicate actions foreseen in the NCP network for quality standards and horizontal issues under ‘Science with and for Society’. This topic also excludes Biotechnology, as this is covered by the NCPs of Societal Challenge 2.
The proposal consortium can include only NCPs from EU Member States and Associated Countries, who have been officially appointed by the relevant national authorities. The consortium should have a good representation of experienced and less experienced NCPs.
Submission of a single proposal is encouraged. NCPs from EU Member States or Associated Countries choosing not to participate as a member of the consortium should be identified and the reason explained in the proposal. These NCPs are nevertheless invited and encouraged to participate in the project activities (e.g. workshops).
NCPs from third countries who have been officially appointed by the relevant authorities are also welcome to participate in the project activities.
The costs incurred by the consortium for participation of officially appointed NCPs from EU Member States and Associated countries not participating in the consortium, and from officially appointed NCPs from third countries, e.g. travel costs paid by the consortium, may be included in the estimated budget and be eligible for funding by the Commission.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU between EUR 250 000 and 500 000 would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of a proposal requesting another amount. No more than one proposal will be funded.
• An improved and professionalised NCP service across Europe, thereby helping simplify access to Horizon 2020 calls, lowering the entry barriers for newcomers, and raising the average quality of proposals submitted.
• A more consistent level of NCP support services across Europe.
Type of action: Coordination and Support Action
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
- List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in part B and C of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
3.1 Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: described in part H of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme with the following exceptions: For single-stage and second-stage evaluations, the threshold for the criteria Excellence and Impact will be 4. The overall threshold, applying to the sum of the three individual scores, will be 12.
In case of equal overall scores in the ranked list, the priority order of proposals will be established in accordance with part H of the General Annexes, except that proposals will be ranked on the basis of individual scores for the Impact criterion before the Excellence criterion.
3.2 Guide to the submission and evaluation process
- Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Information on the outcome of one-stage evaluation: maximum 5 months from the final date for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 3 months from the date of informing successful applicants.
- Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Coordination and Support Action:
Specific provisions and funding rates
Standard proposal template (administrative forms and structure of technical annex)
Standard evaluation form
Annotated Model Grant Agreement
- Additional provisions:
Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
Technology readiness levels (TRL) – where a topic description refers to TRL, these definitions apply.
Financial support to Third Parties – where a topic description foresees financial support to Third Parties, these provisions apply.
- Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
You can download the same documents as one zip file from the call page
- Legal basis - Specific Programme H2020 en
- WP H2020 - 1. Introduction en
- WP H2020 - 5. Introduction to Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies (LEITs) en
- WP H2020 - 5ii. Nanotechnologies, advanced materials, advanced manufacturing and processing, biotechnology en
- Legal basis - Framework Programme H2020 en
- Legal basis - Rules for Participation en
- WP H2020 - 19. General Annexes en
No submission system is open for this topic.