|Publication date||11-12-2013||Deadline Date||26-03-2014 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)|
|Total Call Budget||€52,000,000||Main Pillar||Industrial Leadership|
|Status||Closed||OJ reference||OJ C 361 of 11.12.2013|
Specific challenge: Facilitate trans-national co-operation between NCPs within the Space domain with a view to identifying and sharing good practices and raising the general standard of support to programme applicants, taking into account the diversity of actors that make up the constituency of this domain.
Scope: Support will be given to a consortium of formally nominated NCPs in the area of Space. The activities will be tailored according to the nature of the area, and the priorities of the NCPs concerned. Various mechanisms may be included, such as benchmarking, joint workshops, enhanced cross-border brokerage events, specific training linked to the Space domain as well as to gender dimension of Research and Innovation, and twinning schemes. Special attention will be given to enhance the competence of NCPs, including helping less experienced NCPs rapidly acquire the know-how accumulated in other countries.
The focus throughout should be on issues specific to the Space part of Horizon 2020 and should not duplicate actions foreseen in the NCP network for quality standards and horizontal issues under ‘Science with and for Society’.
Only NCPs from EU Member States, Associated Countries and other space faring nations and ACP (African, Caribbean and Pacific) countries which have been officially appointed by the relevant national authorities are eligible to participate in and receive funding for this action.
The consortium should have a good representation of experienced and motivated NCPs.
Submission of a single proposal is encouraged. NCPs from EU Member States or Associated Countries choosing not to participate as a member of the consortium should be identified and the reason explained in the proposal. These NCPs are nevertheless invited and encouraged to participate in the project activities (e.g. workshops), and the costs incurred by the consortium for such participation (e.g. travel costs paid by the consortium) may be included in the estimated budget and be eligible for funding by the Commission.
The Commission considers that one proposal requesting a contribution from the EU in the range of EUR 2 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
• An improved and professionalised NCP service across Europe, thereby helping simplify access to Horizon 2020 calls, lowering the entry barriers for newcomers, and raising the average quality of proposals submitted.
• A more consistent level of NCP support services across Europe.
• More effective participation of SMEs and of organisations from third countries, alongside European organisations, in line with the principles of mutual benefit.
Type of action: Coordination and support action
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
- List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in part B and C of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme, with the following exception: the European Space Agency will not participate in corsortia of proposals submitted under this call for proposals.
3.1 Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: described in part H of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme, with the following exception: the Commission will only fund one project under this topic.
3.2 Guide to the submission and evaluation process
- Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Maximum 5 months from the final date for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 3 months from the date of informing successful applicants.
- Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Coordination and Support Action:
Specific provisions and funding rates
Standard proposal template (administrative forms and structure of technical annex)
Standard evaluation form
Annotated Model Grant Agreement
- Additional provisions:
Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
Financial support to Third Parties
- Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
You can download the same documents as one zip file from the call page
- H2020-COMPET-2014_Flash Call Info en
- Legal basis - Specific Programme H2020 en
- WP H2020 - 1. Introduction en
- WP H2020 - 5. Introduction to Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies (LEITs) en
- WP H2020 - 5iii. Space en
- WP H2020 - 17. Communication and Dissemination en
- WP H2020 - 19. General Annexes en
- Legal basis - Framework Programme H2020 en
- Legal basis - Rules for Participation en
No submission system is open for this topic.