H2020-GERI-2014-1Sub call of: H2020-GERI-2014-2015
|Opening Date||11-12-2013||Deadline Date||02-10-2014 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)|
|Publication date||11-12-2013||Total Call Budget||€9,500,000|
|Status||Closed||Main Pillar||Science with and for Society|
|OJ reference||OJ C361 of 11 December 2013|
|Topic:||Support to research organisations to implement gender equality plans||GERI-4-2014|
Specific challenge: Gender equality is a key priority of the European Research Area Communication. "A Reinforced European Research Area: Partnership for Excellence and Growth", which invites Member States, research performing organisations (RPOs), including Higher Education Institutions, as well as research funding organisations (RFOs) to take action to promote gender equality in R&I with the following objectives:
· Removing barriers to the recruitment, retention and career progression of female researchers;
· Addressing gender imbalances in decision making processes;
· Strengthening the gender dimension in research programmes.
Scope: The action provides support to RPOs and RFOs in order to support systemic institutional changes, in particular through the implementation of Gender Equality Plans (GEPs). GEPs shall:
· Conduct impact assessment / audit of procedures and practices, including relevant data on HR management, teaching and research activities, in order to identify gender bias at organisation level;
· Implement innovative strategies to address gender bias; this should include family-friendly policies (e.g. work schedule’s flexibility; parental leave; mobility, dual-career couples); gender planning and budgeting; training on gender equality in Human Resources (HR) management; develop the gender dimension in research content and programmes; integrating gender studies in Higher Education Institution curricula;
· Set targets and monitor progress via indicators at organisation level.
The RPOs, including Higher Education Institutions, and RFOs involved in the consortium shall be at a starting stage in the setting-up of gender equality plans and shall ensure the support from their highest management level. Participation of professional associations in the consortium is recommended. The proposals shall include a first assessment of gender issues in each partner organisation. They shall also situate the planned GEPs in relation with existing national provisions relating to gender equality in research, and explain how they will contribute to the achievement of the European Research Area (ERA) objectives on gender equality. The proposals shall include a methodology for impartially monitoring and assessing the progress made throughout the duration of the project. This activity could be dedicated to a specific partner organisation or subcontracted. This action will be further promoted through the EURAXESS initiative SEAC.3.2014 Trans-national operation of the EURAXESS Service network.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of between EUR 1.5 million and 2.3 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
Expected impact: The activities will increase the number of RPOs and RFOs implementing gender equality plans pursuing the three objectives mentioned in the challenge. In the medium / to long term, activities will contribute to the achievement of ERA in particular by increasing the number of female researchers, improving their careers and mobility, thus contributing to research intensity. The integration of the gender dimension in research programmes and content will improve the social value of innovations and the fitness for purpose of innovative products.
Type of action: Coordination and Support Actions.
 COM(2012) 392 final.
 COM(2012) 392 final.
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
- List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in part B and C of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
3.1 Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: described in part H of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
3.2 Guide to the submission and evaluation process
- Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Information on the outcome of one-stage evaluation: maximum 5 months from the final date for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 3 months from the date of informing successful applicants.
- Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Coordination and Support Action:
Specific provisions and funding rates
Standard proposal template (administrative forms and structure of technical annex)
Standard evaluation form
Annotated Model Grant Agreement
- Additional provisions:
Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
Technology readiness levels (TRL) – where a topic description refers to TRL, these definitions apply.
Financial support to Third Parties – where a topic description foresees financial support to Third Parties, these provisions apply.
- Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
You can download the same documents as one zip file from the call page
- Flash information on the overall results of a call for proposals en
- Legal basis - Specific Programme H2020 en
- WP H2020 - 1. Introduction en
- WP H2020 - 16. Science with and for Society en
- Legal basis - Framework Programme H2020 en
- Legal basis - Rules for Participation en
- WP H2020 - 19. General Annexes en
- FAQ en
No submission system is open for this topic.