H2020-EINFRA-2014-2Sub call of: H2020-EINFRA-2014-2015
|Opening Date||11-12-2013||Deadline Date||02-09-2014 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)|
|Publication date||11-12-2013||Total Call Budget||€82,000,000|
|Status||Closed||Main Pillar||Excellent Science|
|OJ reference||OJ C361 of 11.12.2013|
|Topic:||Network of HPC Competence Centres for SMEs||EINFRA-6-2014|
Specific challenge: HPC competence centres have been set up in some Member States to facilitate access and take-up by industry and in particular SMEs of HPC services. As yet these centres do not cover the whole of Europe. Supporting one network of HPC competence centres will promote access to computational expertise anywhere in Europe and enable the dissemination of best practice in HPC industrial use particularly for SMEs. This topic contributes to the implementation of the European HPC strategy, in particular to foster the use of HPC by SMEs.
Scope: Proposals should address at least the following activities:
(1) networking of existing HPC competence centres providing HPC services to exchange best practices and pool technical, expertise or business resources;
(2) awareness raising and visibility activities of the benefits of HPC for SMEs in particular for countries that do not currently have such centres;
(3) identification of the pool of SMEs and available expertise in the different business areas at European level, and mechanisms to match SME needs and the available expertise;
(4) training (in synergy with the activities carried out by other organisations providing specific training for SMEs in HPC);
The aim is to support one network which will address coordination, outreach, training and the exchange of best practice and software components between the participating national and regional competence centres, complementing their current activities and services with actions of a clear European added-value that cannot be performed at local level. Direct support to adoption of HPC by individual SMEs is not expected to be carried out by this network.
This action will be complementary to the actions carried out in the Nanotechnologies, Advanced Materials, Biotechnology and Advanced Manufacturing and Processing Work Programme 2014-2015 in the specific call for manufacturing, (H2020-FoF-2014/2015) ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) (topic FoF-9-2015).
· The network of HPC competence centres will be a reference for best practices for supporting SME competitiveness through access to HPC;
· Increased number of SMEs that are aware of the potential and/or become users of HPC;
· Establishment of a focal point at European level for expertise in HPC use by SMEs;
· Increase in the size of the HPC market (services, ISVs, computers).
Type of action: Coordination and support actions
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
1. List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
3.3 Specific arrangements for the evaluation: None
4. Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
5. Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Information on the outcome of evaluation: maximum 5 months from the final date for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 3 months from the date of informing applicants they have been successful.
6. Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Coordination and Support Action:
7. Additional provisions:
Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
8. Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
You can download the same documents as one zip file from the call page
- H2020-EINFRA-2014-2 - flash call info en
- WP H2020 - 1. Introduction en
- WP H2020 - 4. Research Infrastructures (including e-Infrastructures) en
- Legal basis - Specific Programme H2020 en
- Legal basis - Framework Programme H2020 en
- Legal basis - Rules for Participation en
- WP H2020 - 19. General Annexes en
No submission system is open for this topic.