H2020-EINFRA-2014-2Sub call of: H2020-EINFRA-2014-2015
|Opening Date||11-12-2013||Deadline Date||02-09-2014 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)|
|Publication date||11-12-2013||Total Call Budget||€82,000,000|
|Status||Closed||Main Pillar||Excellent Science|
|OJ reference||OJ C361 of 11.12.2013|
|Topic:||Towards global data e-infrastructures – Research Data Alliance||EINFRA-3-2014|
Specific challenge: European contribution to the development of global data infrastructures needs to ensure Europe's role as a global player. This can be achieved by strengthening and consolidating Europe's contribution to the Research Data Alliance (RDA), ensuring that RDA fosters research data interoperability and exchange at global level. RDA is an open international forum to create consensus on solutions and best practices to specific problems hampering data exchange and interoperability.
Scope: Proposals will support all of the following points:
(1) definition, operation and monitoring of the governance structures of the Research Data Alliance (RDA); secondment and exchange of staff where appropriate;
(2) active participation of European stakeholders (organisations and individual experts) in RDA and leadership initiatives in strategic working group activities; EU industry involvement and innovation will be promoted in particular;
(3) engaging scientific communities having underdeveloped data infrastructures in defining the best practices for data exchange and interoperability; and
(4) establishing coordination mechanisms at European level (national research funders, European education and research associations) and with international organisations dealing with standardisation, research data and education issues (IETF, W3C, CODATA, OECD, UNESCO, …).
Expected impact: Europe will be in a leading position in enabling the use of the world's store of research data in multi-disciplinary, data intensive global scientific collaborations. It will help the development and adoption of relevant international open standards based on the best practices of a large spectrum of research communities. It will engage research communities at early stages of standards development and address common data requirements for new services bringing together users and technology providers. It will promote sustainable models for research data sharing and install trust in the adopted solutions.
Type of action: Coordination and support actions
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
1. List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
3.3 Specific arrangements for the evaluation: None
4. Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
5. Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Information on the outcome of evaluation: maximum 5 months from the final date for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 3 months from the date of informing applicants they have been successful.
6. Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Coordination and Support Action:
7. Additional provisions:
Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
8. Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
You can download the same documents as one zip file from the call page
- H2020-EINFRA-2014-2 - flash call info en
- WP H2020 - 1. Introduction en
- WP H2020 - 4. Research Infrastructures (including e-Infrastructures) en
- Legal basis - Specific Programme H2020 en
- Legal basis - Framework Programme H2020 en
- Legal basis - Rules for Participation en
- WP H2020 - 19. General Annexes en
No submission system is open for this topic.