|Opening Date||11-12-2013||Deadline Date||10-06-2014 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)|
|Publication date||11-12-2013||Total Call Budget||€1,600,000|
|Status||Closed||Main Pillar||Excellent Science|
|OJ reference||OJ C 361 of 11 December 2013|
|Topic:||2014: Framework Partnership Agreement||FETFLAG-1-2014|
Specific challenge: The objective is to establish, for each of the FET Flagships, a stable and structured partnership between the EC and the institutions and organisations who commit themselves to establish, maintain and implement the strategic research roadmap of the flagship. These partnerships will be set up through a Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA) which will cover the full initiative in order to enable the completion of the research roadmap within the context of the agreement.
The consortia responding to the call may include research institutes, universities, foundations, industry, SMEs as well as other organisations that can play a role in the realisation of the Flagships. The Framework Partnership Agreement shall specify the common objectives, the nature of the actions planned, and the procedure for awarding specific grants.
Scope: Proposals should address the following points:
• The general and specific objectives of the partnership;
• The related research roadmap;
• The initial consortium which will implement the Flagship initiative;
• The way the consortium will foster complementarities, foster synergies and enhance the overall outcome of regional, national, European and international research programmes;
• The commitments made by the consortium members, which would be complementary to EU/national contributions;
• Quantified targets for the Flagship initiative and Key Performance Indicators to assess the expected progress over time;
• The governance structure, including provisions for openness and evolution of the consortium;
• The ability of the consortium to seize exploitation opportunities.
• Formalised commitment of the partners of the Flagship partnership;
• Stable and structured environment for the benefit of the realisation of the Flagship;
• Overall continuity and coherency in the execution of the Flagship.
Type of action: Framework Partnership Agreements
Please read carefully all provisions below before the preparation of your application.
- List of countries and applicable rules for funding: described in part A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in part B and C of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme
3.1 Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: described in part H of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme, with the following exceptions:
Specific evaluation criteria for the FET Flagship call topic FETFLAG 1 (FPA):
This topic uses specific criteria as the proposals are of a fundamentally different nature as compared to regular research proposals.
Subcriteria for evaluation criterion 1 "Excellence":
* Scientific and technological quality of the individual participants and of the consortium as a whole in view of the objectives and the roadmap of the Flagship
* Quality and relevant experience of the individual participants and the consortium as a whole with regards to non-scientific aspects (e.g., ethics, dissemination, societal engagement and gender issues)
Subcriteria for evaluation criterion 2 "Impact":
* Contribution to the expected impacts listed in the work programme
* Extent to which the consortium enables access to resources required to achieve the complete flagship roadmap
* Extent to which the consortium enables fostering complementarities, exploiting synergies, and enhancing the overall outcome of regional, national, European and international research programmes
Subcriteria for evaluation criterion 3 "Quality and efficiency of the implementation":
* Quality of the proposed governance and management structure
* Openness and flexibility of the consortium
Thresholds are set at 3 for each criterion in topic FETFLAG-1-2014. A proposal failing to achieve any of these threshold scores, or an overall score of 10, will be rejected. Each of these three criteria has equal weight.3.2 Guide to the submission and evaluation process
Specific evaluation procedure for the FET Flagship call topic FETFLAG 1 (FPA):
Up to two projects (Framework Partnership Agreements) shall be selected.
The Framework Partnership Agreements (FPA) to be selected under the FETFLAG 1 topic will serve to create a stable and structured environment for the Flagships. Each identified consortium will be invited to submit a proposal for the specific grants described under the ‘Other Actions’ Section, point 2 of this work programme.
- Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the specific proposal template Part B of topic FETFLAG-1-2014 Framework Partnership Agreement.
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement:
Information on the outcome of the evaluation: maximum 5 months from the final date for submission.
Signature of grant agreements: maximum 3 months from the date of informing successful applicants.
- Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
Framework Partnership Agreement:
Muli-partner model framework partnership agreement
Muli-partner model specific agreement
You can consult the Annotated Model Grant Agreement to understand and interpret these agreements (there is no annotated versions of the multi-partner model agreements).
For this topic you must use the specific proposal template of topic FETFLAG-1-2014 Framework Partnership Agreement,
For this topic specific evaluation subcriteria (indicated above) apply. These are contained in the specific evaluation form of topic FETFLAG-1-2014 Framework Partnership Agreement"
- Additional provisions:
Horizon 2020 budget flexibility
- Open access must be granted to all scientific publications resulting from Horizon 2020 actions, and proposals must refer to measures envisaged. Where relevant, proposals should also provide information on how the participants will manage the research data generated and/or collected during the project, such as details on what types of data the project will generate, whether and how this data will be exploited or made accessible for verification and re-use, and how it will be curated and preserved.
- Additional information material for this topic:
Overview web page with additional background presentations
Frequently Asked Questions on FET-Flagships
You can download the same documents as one zip file from the call page
No submission system is open for this topic.