CALL: ENGAGING TOGETHER GLOBALLY
Call identifier: H2020-SC6-ENG-GLOBALLY-2016-2017 Publication date: 14 October 2015
Call summaryScene Setter:
The global environment in which the EU operates is constantly evolving. Recent developments show just how dynamically the strategic and geopolitical contexts are changing. These developments represent intricate challenges but also opportunities for Europe to develop and vary its analysis and build more robust anticipative, proactive and reactive capacities.
In such turbulent times, greater emphasis should be placed on fostering new types of actions that allow for engaging together globally, which strengthen the position of Europe on the global scene, including by improving the coordination between EU Member States and broadening its means of external action.
To better anticipate and address challenges in key regions, it is essential to maximise the EU’s clout in global affairs. Research activities will look into the best means of ensuring synergies and consistency between Member States, EU foreign policy goals and instruments. Maximising its clout also presupposes understanding Europe in a global context and its historical and cultural legacy.
It is also imperative to implement the EU strategy for international cooperation in research and innovation by strengthening activities to promote the position of Europe on the global scene, attract international partners to Horizon 2020, enhance research and innovation exchanges and dialogue, and strengthen the European R&I presence in strategic partner countries and regions.
In Work Programme 2014-2015 topics focused on issues in the immediate EU neighbourhood regions (both South and East), as well as joint challenges with strategic partners such as cultural, scientific and social relations with Latin America.
In complement, this Work Programme presents Topics 1 and 2 on challenges of geopolitical shocks and radicalisation that appear in cross-cutting way in several Topics and Calls of SC6[[Topics REV-INEQUAL-02-2016 and REV-INEQUAL-04-2016 address radicalisation and migration trends within Europe.]] and SC7, as well as integration and science diplomacy. Proposals to this set of topics are encouraged to address issues across these challenges.
Topic 4 targets the use of scientific knowledge on the EU's neighbouring countries and regions for EU policy-making. Topic 5 investigates EU external trade strategies and their inter-linkages, coherence and effectiveness vis-à-vis other external policies.
Topics 6, 7 and 8 broaden the geographical coverage of the first Work Programme focusing on Asia-Pacific, Central Asia, and China specifically.
Topic 9 addresses the challenge of strengthening the position of Europe as a global actor by reinforcing the presence of European research and innovation actors in selected international partner countries and regions.
Topics 3 and 10 deal with migration and asylum systems.
In all Topics the participation of entities from the international partner countries and regions concerned is strongly encouraged.
- 04 October 2016 00:30 The submission session is now available for: ENG-GLOBALLY-02-2017(RIA), ENG-GLOBALLY-07-2017(CSA), ENG-GLOBALLY-04-2017(CSA), ENG-GLOBALLY-03-2017(RIA), ENG-GLOBALLY-06-2017(RIA), ENG-GLOBALLY-01-2017(RIA), ENG-GLOBALLY-05-2017(RIA), ENG-GLOBALLY-08-2016-2017(RIA), ENG-GLOBALLY-10-2017(RIA)
26 July 2016 15:41
A revised version of the Work programme has been adopted for 2016-2017.
The main changes concern:
Call H2020-SC6-CO-CREATION-2016-2017 - CO-CREATION FOR GROWTH AND INCLUSION
- Topics CO-CREATION 2 & CO-CREATION-3-2016): those topics were cancelled due to an error in the description of the topic conditions in the Work programme (i.e. it did not explicitly make reference to Annex K of the Work Programme which provides the possibility for actions to foresee financial support to third parties). They have now been republished in their correct form with the additional missing information and a new deadline on 15 November 2016.
- Topic CO-CREATION-6-2017 (RIA): increase of budget from 11 m to 11.5 m
Call H2020-SC6-ENG-GLOBALLY-2016-2017 - ENGAGING TOGETHER GLOBALLY
- A topic on migration has been added: ENG-GLOBALLY-10-2017 (RIA): Migration and asylum systems
Call H2020-SC6-CULT-COOP-2016-2017 - UNDERSTANDING EUROPE - PROMOTING THE EUROPEAN PUBLIC AND CULTURAL SPACE
- A two-stage evaluation was introduced for all RIA topics in 2017 except for CULT-COOP-11-2017
- A topic was added: CULT-COOP-12-2017 (RIA) - The significance of cultural and core values for the migration challenge
Call H2020-SC6-REV-INEQUAL-2016-2017 - REVERSING INEQUALITIES AND PROMOTING FAIRNESS
Three additional topics have been added:
- REV-INEQUAL-11-2017 (CSA) - Current European and cross-national comparative research and research actions on Migration
- REV-INEQUAL-12-2017 (CSA) - Research Social Platform on Migration and Asylum
- REV-INEQUAL-13-2017 (RIA) - Research on employability, skills and labour market integration of migrants
- Correction of the number of the SME instrument (H2020-SMEInst-12-2016-2017-SC6-CULT-COOP instead of H2020-SMEInst-62-2016-2017-SC6-CULT-COOP)
- New action added (13): Support to Research and Innovation policy making
- New action added (26): Expert Group to advise in designing, developing and testing a pilot European Innovation Council (EIC)
- New action added (31): Presidency Conference ‘Expanding Excellent Science for the Benefit of Society’
26 May 2016 12:59
A total number of 36 proposals were submitted in response to this call. The number of proposals for each topic/type of action is shown below:
ENG-GLOBALLY-08 - 7
ENG-GLOBALLY-09 - 29
- 08 December 2015 00:30 The submission session is now available for: ENG-GLOBALLY-08-2016/2017(CSA), ENG-GLOBALLY-09-2016(CSA)
Topics and submission service
To access the Submission Service, please select the TOPIC of your interest and then open the Submission Service tab.
To access existing draft proposals, please login to the portal and select My Proposals from the My Area menu.