CALL: FET FLAGSHIPS – TACKLING GRAND INTERDISCIPLINARY SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CHALLENGES
Call identifier: H2020-FETFLAG-2018-2020 Publication date: 27 October 2017
Call summary and aims
FET Flagships tackle grand Science and Technology challenges expected to result in 'game changing' impacts on economy and society, benefitting European citizens and paving the way for global technological and industrial leadership. Because of their ambition, their scale and their interdisciplinary nature, FET Flagships can only be realised through a long-term and sustained effort at European level, by building on large scale research cooperation across academia and industry and across national research programmes, and by mobilising Europe's best researchers around an ambitious R&D roadmap.
Under the first work programme of Horizon 2020, a Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA) has been established for each of the two running Flagships, Graphene and the Human Brain Project (HBP).
Activities in this work programme will: (i) further support the two running Flagships on the basis of their FPAs, following Specific Grant Agreements (SGAs) and other actions launched under previous work programmes; (ii) kick-start the support to the new Flagship on Quantum Technologies (QT); (iii) further support the FLAGERA and QUANTERA ERA-NETs that bring together national and regional funding agencies from the Member States and Associated Countries in support respectively of the two running Flagships and the QT one; and (iv) include preparatory actions to prepare the ground for new candidate FET Flagship initiatives.
The indicative funding budget for area e. – Fundamental Science – under FETFLAG-03-2018 (RIA) is up to EUR 20 million.
It is expected that this call will continue in 2020.
31 May 2018 15:54
An overview of the evaluation results (called 'Call Flash Info') of the topic FETFLAG-01-2018 call is now available under the section Topic conditions and documents - additional documents.
As foreseen in the work programme with regards to two stage calls, the 17 proposals invited for stage 2 in this call ensures a reasonable success rate (around 1:3) for stage 2.
Based on the assessment of the proposals submitted to this call and positively evaluated in stage 1, the Commission recommends for stage 2:
• To clearly explain the technical progress that needs to be made and the bottlenecks that have to be resolved in order to achieve the envisaged impact;
• To clearly describe how the proposed Flagship would be integrated into the European research ecosystem.
Applicants are also reminded that for stage 2:
• A specific template for stage 2 proposal is available on the call page;
• The page limit for CSA is 50 pages for the first three sections of the technical annex (see work programme and proposal template for details);
• The stage 2 proposal will be assessed on all aspects of the three evaluation criteria (excellence, impact and implementation).
- 31 October 2017 00:30 The submission session is now available for: FETFLAG-02-2018(ERA-NET-Cofund)
- 31 October 2017 00:30 The submission session is now available for: FETFLAG-03-2018(RIA-CSA)
- 31 October 2017 00:30 The submission session is now available for: FETFLAG-01-2018(CSA)
Topics and submission service
To access the Submission Service, please select the TOPIC of your interest and then open the Submission Service tab.
To access existing draft proposals, please login to the portal and select My Proposals from the My Area menu.