CALL: DIGITAL SECURITY FOCUS AREA
Call identifier: H2020-DS-2016-2017 Publication date: 14 October 2015
Call summaryScene Setter:
ICT-driven transformations bring opportunities across many important sectors but also vulnerabilities to critical infrastructures and digital services, which can have significant consequences on the functioning of society, economic growth and the technological innovation potential of Europe. These challenges are being addressed through innovative approaches that cross the boundaries of individual H2020 pillars, calls and challenges. Therefore the main research & Innovation activities in Digital Security are grouped in a dedicated focus area cutting across LEIT–ICT and Societal Challenges parts of the work programme, including evidently the Societal Challenge 7 on "Secure Societies", but also the Societal Challenge 1 on "Health, demographic change and wellbeing".
In July 2016, the European Commission, in partnership with Industry, established the Cybersecurity contractual Public-Private Partnership (Cybersecurity PPP)[[https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/cybersecurity-industry]]. The Cybersecurity PPP gathers industrial and public resources to deliver innovation against a jointly-agreed roadmap for strategic research and innovation.
The Cybersecurity PPP will help to align the demand and supply sectors for cybersecurity products while also seeking synergies to develop common, sector-neutral technological building blocks with maximum replication potential e.g. encrypted storage and processing, secured communication, etc.
26 April 2017 16:43
The submission of proposals to the H2020-DS-LEIT-2017 call closed on 25 April 2017. 34 RIA proposals were submitted to this call's DS-06-2017 topic.
- 01 March 2017 00:30 The submission session is now available for: DS-07-2017(IA), DS-08-2017(IA), DS-07-2017(RIA)
20 January 2017 17:26
An overview of the evaluation results (flash call info) is now available under the tab ‘Call documents’ for DS-02, DS-04 and DS-05.
- 08 December 2016 00:30 The submission session is now available for: DS-06-2017(RIA)
30 August 2016 13:12
A total of 80 proposals were submitted in response to this call. The number of proposals for each topic is shown below including the indicative budget of the topic:
- DS-02-2016: 45 proposals (indicative budget: 22 M€);
- DS-04-2016: 22 proposals (indicative budget: 4 M€);
- DS-05-2016: 13 proposals (indicative budget: 3 M€);
The evaluation of the proposals is planned to start by mid-September 2016 and will be closed by the end of December 2016. Applicants will be informed on the outcome of the evaluations before the end of January 2017.
29 July 2016 11:57
An overview of the evaluation results (flash call info) for the topic DS-01-2016 that closed on 12 April 2016 is now available here or under the ‘Topic conditions & documents’ section on each topic page.
27 July 2016 09:10
A revised version of the Work programme has been adopted for 2016-2017 on July 25 2016. The main changes concern:
- New provisions on Open Access Data have been added for 2017 calls with an opening date on or after 26/07/2016.
- Topic title and long description have changed DS-07-2017, DS-08-2017.
- Budget has changed for DS-08-2017.
14 April 2016 12:29
By the deadline of 12 April 2016, 17:00 CEST, 37 Proposals were submitted to topic DS-01-2016:
• 28 Research & Innovation Actions (RIA) referring to "Assurance"
• 4 are Innovation Actions (IA) referring to "Security Certification" and
• 5 are Coordination & Support Actions (CSA),
- 15 March 2016 15:38 The submission session is now available for: DS-05-2016(CSA), DS-04-2016(RIA), DS-02-2016(IA)
- 20 October 2015 08:17 The submission session is now available for: DS-03-2016(RIA)
Topics and submission service
To access the Submission Service, please select the TOPIC of your interest and then open the Submission Service tab.
To access existing draft proposals, please login to the portal and select My Proposals from the My Area menu.