TOPIC : EUROPEAN INCUBATION NETWORKS FOR CCIs - TOURISM
|Publication date:||13 July 2017|
|Types of action:||COSME-GA Grant agreement|
|DeadlineModel: Opening date:||single-stage 13 July 2017||Deadline:||19 October 2017 17:00:00|
|Time Zone : (Brussels time)|
Topic DescriptionSpecific Challenge:
Support a project in the area of Tourism focusing on CCI driven innovation across
the entire value chain or some of its segments (accommodation, ticketing, travel management, visitor experience, exploitation of big data…)
some or all specific sectors such as leisure or business travellers, cultural tourism, …
some or all specific source markets (intra-EU, inter-continental such as China in order to build on the 2018 EU-China Tourism year momentum, …).
Facilitating and reinforcing cross-sectoral collaboration amongst relevant organisationsmay be done in particular through:
- Mapping the relevant initiatives and actors;
- Organising a limited number of networking activities, workshops, study visits, events to enable learning, exchange of knowledge and good practice, including on leveraging public funds and private investment.
- Establishing cooperation with the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN).
Supporting a number of innovative start-ups and SMEs through the creation of an EU incubator (either in a single location or consisted by a network of local incubators). This support may come in particular through:
- Organising collaborative workshops, mentoring, individual and group coaching, exchanges of entrepreneurs and other forms of support in various areas (such as finance and accounting, marketing, intellectual property management), competition for the most successful business idea, etc.;
- Facilitating technical support (e.g. providing physical space, means and resources);
- supporting proofs of concept and prototypes of new products and services;
- Facilitating contacts with investors and business opportunities;
- Organising events to promote the selected start-ups and SMEs.
The proposal will describe how the action will reach a balanced geographical spread of the supported companies and other actors involved.Scope:
The main objective of the action is to support the creation, business development and scaling-up of companies in the fashion and the tourism sectors through incubators integrating creative, art and design skills from CCIs (Cultural and Creative Industries) with technology, science and other relevant expertise.
Specific objectives of the action:
- Facilitating and reinforcing cross-sectoral collaboration amongst incubators, accelerators, labs as well as other relevant actors across EU countries and COSME participating countries focusing on themes identified below, taking into account the relevant value chains;
- Supporting a number of innovative startups and SMEs for a period necessary for them do grow and scale-up their business activities
1.1.Expected results and deliverables
- Reports on collaboration activities developed under the project
- Detailed reports on the support provided to startups and SMEs
- Mapping and showcasing of good practice
- Scaling up of startups and companies
- Development of new products, prototypes, solutions, etc.
- Development of new support mechanisms
In descending order of importance
- Number of start-ups and/or SMEs supported;
- Number of prototypes/proofs of concept developed;
- Number of networking activities, workshops, match-making activities, events etc. organised;
- Number of promotional events organised.
Topic conditions and documents
- List of countries and applicable rules for funding:
Described in section 6 of the Call document.
- Eligibility and admissibility conditions: Described in sections 6 and 7 of the Call document.
3.1. Evaluation criteria and procedure, scoring and threshold: Described in sections 8 and 9 of the Call document.
3.2. For submission and evaluation process, see the Guide for applicants.
- Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement: described in section 3 of the Call document.
- Provisions, proposal templates and evaluation forms for the type(s) of action(s) under this topic:
COSME Grant Agreement (COS-GA):
Standard proposal template
Model Grant Agreement - Multi-Beneficiary
- Additional documents:
COSME Work Programme 2017
COSME legal basis
No submission system is open for this topic.
For any questions related to the scope of the call, please contact EASME-COSME-Incubation-Networksfirstname.lastname@example.org
Participant Portal FAQ – Submission of proposals
IT Helpdesk – contact the IT helpdesk for questions such as forgotten passwords, access rights and roles, technical aspects of submission of proposals, etc.
H2020 Online Manual - Please use the manual with caution and only for the Participant Portal tools guidance, i.e. Submission service and Beneficiary register, because it is H2020 specific and does not cover the COSME rules. Some aspects of COSME are different to the provisions of the H2020 programmes.
Enterprise Europe Network – contact your EEN national contact for advice to businesses with special focus on SMEs. The support includes guidance on the EU research funding.
European IPR Helpdesk assists you on intellectual property issues.
Partner Search Services help you find a partner organisation for your proposal.
DG GROWTH website