TOPIC : Orphacodes Project
|Publication date:||25 January 2018|
|Types of action:||HP-PJ Project|
|DeadlineModel: Opening date:||single-stage 25 January 2018||Deadline:||26 April 2018 17:00:00|
|Time Zone : (Brussels time)|
Currently, only a small fraction of rare diseases have codes in international nomenclatures, making it a challenge to trace patients with rare diseases in health information systems on a national and international level.The Commission expery group on rare diseases in its "Recommendation on Ways to Improve Codification for Rare Diseases in Health Information Systems' is calling for support of Orpha codes into member states health care information systems.
The objective of this action is to support Member states in improving gathering information on rare diseases by implementation of Orphacodes (rare diseases specific codification system). The implementation precess should be guided by "Standard procedure and guide for the coding with Orphacodes" and "Specification and implementation manual of the Master file" both developed in a frame of the current RD-ACTION. This action should include following activities:
- develop additional necessary rules and guidelines for rare diseases codification
- support piloting of Orpahacodes implementation in at least four Member States (currently not having codification system for rare diseases)
- further suport cooperation and exchange of experiences between Member States on rare diseases codification
Topic conditions and documents
1. Eligible countries: described in section 6 of the Call document.
2. Eligibility and admissibility conditions: described in sections 5 and 6 of the Call document.
Proposal page limits and layout: Please refer to Part B of the standard proposal template.
4. Indicative timetable for evaluation and grant agreement: described in section 3 of the Call document.
5. Proposal templates and model grant agreements (MGA):
6. Additional requirements:
Please perform a financial viability self-check, using the PP tool of the financial viability self-check.
Members of consortium are required to conclude a consortium agreement, in principle prior to the signature of the grant agreement.
7. Additional documents:
Health Programme Decision
No submission system is open for this topic.
Please use as first and major reference the Guide for applicants – project grants.
Contact CHAFEA Health Programme helpdesk for further assistance related to the Programme, the topics, call and the content of proposals at CHAFEA-HP-CALLS@ec.europa.eu.
Participant Portal FAQ – Submission of proposals.
IT Helpdesk – contact the IT helpdesk for questions such as forgotten passwords, access rights and roles, technical aspects of submission of proposals, etc.
H2020 Online Manual - Please use the manual with caution and only for the Participant Portal tools guidance, i.e. Submission service and Beneficiary register, because it is H2020 specific and does not cover the 3rd Health Programme rules. Some aspects of the 3rd Health Programme are different to the provisions of the H2020 programmes.