The 3rd Health Programme and the Consumer Programme, managed by the Consumer, Health and Food Executive Agency (CHAFEA), and the Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS) are now using the European Commission's experts database to select experts for assignments including the evaluation of proposals and monitoring of projects. If you are already registered as an expert and wish to also indicate your interest in these programmes, please update your profile by ticking "RFCS (Research Fund for Coal and Steel)" and/or " Third Health Programme (managed by Chafea)" ('Programme Selection' section). New experts registering can indicate their interest in working for any of the programmes listed in the 'Programme Selection' section.
Experts H2020 online manual
Join the database of independent experts for European research and innovation.
The European Commission appoints independent experts to assist with research and innovation assignments including the evaluation of proposals, monitoring of projects, and evaluation of programmes, and design of policy.
Who can be an expert?
You have a chance of being selected as an expert if you:
- have high-level of expertise in the relevant fields of research and innovation (see call for details on types of expertise).
- can be available for occasional, short-term assignments
What do expert assignments involve?
Experts, as peer reviewers, assist in the:
- evaluation of proposals
- monitoring of actions
In addition, experts assist in the :
- preparation, implementation or evaluation of programmes and design of policies. This includes the Horizon 2020 Advisory Groups.
Assignments mainly concern research and innovation, falling within the Horizon 2020 programme designed to address the challenges Europe is facing through funding excellent science, technology and innovation.
Take a look at the most recently funded projects.
In order to access the expert registration form, you are first asked to login with a valid Participant Portal (ECAS) account. If you do not have it yet, it easy to create your Portal (ECAS) account.
- Registered experts can complete or update their profile at any time by logging-in to their Portal account (ECAS) and accessing My Expert Area.
- Your profile is only available to the Commission for consideration once it is complete and valid.