Table of Contents:
FP7 periodic report
The submission of a periodic report is covered by Articles, II.4, II.5 and II.6 of the grant agreement.
There is a technical limitation in NEF which does not allow the application to keep an amendment session and a cost claim session open simultaneously. In order to support such a feature, major architectural changes would be required. The solution will be provided by the new IT system currently under development.
In the meantime if you are confronted with such a situation, the Commission Services will find a solution for you.
Should you need an amendment, in order to avoid getting into this situation:
In the particular case that an amendment should be needed within the 60 days window for submission of the reporting period, you may also contact the Commission Services and we will freeze the Form C session to allow a quick submission of the amendment request, and the resumption the Form C session immediately afterwards.
Remember also that amendments do not always require the support of NEF.
- Collect the financial statements and if required, the Certificate of Financial Statement (CFS) of all beneficiaries.
- Write the periodic technical report on the basis of the work performed and information from the beneficiaries.
- Submit the periodic reports to the European Commission.
- Provide clarifications, or any required additional information to the Project Officer (PO) related to the periodic report and its financial aspects
- Serve as an intermediary between the Project Officer (PO) and the beneficiaries.
All beneficiaries are required to:
- Complete the financial statement (Form Cs).
- Upload the Certificate of Financial Statement (CFS) as required.
- Sign off on the financial statement and dispatch it to the coordinator.
The payment web tool (NEF) has been set-up to facilitate this interface. More precisely, it is built to:
- Avoid clerical errors.
- Guide the coordinator and the beneficiaries through the process.
- Record all interactions between the Commission and the consortium.
- Reduce the need for paper flow to a minimum.
At the end of each period, the consortium coordinator must provide the Commission with a periodic report detailing amongst other things, the costs for each participant. These are entered in what is called the Form C.
The Commission provides IT tools to make it easier for the participants to upload their costs and for the coordinator to submit them. The IT tool you need to use for uploading your costs will depend upon the Directorate General or the Agency with which you are collaborating.
If you are part of a consortium collaborating with DG CONNECT, DG MOVE or DG ENER, you will use the NEF application to upload your costs.The complete process is described here.
If you are part of a consortium collaborating with DG RTD or the Research Executive Agency (REA), you will use the FORCE application to upload your costs.The complete process is described here.