Table of Contents:
FP7 periodic report
Submission of Form Cs
Submission of costs is still handled two ways for FP7:
Electronic-only signature of the C forms, which does not require the submission of of the paper Form Cs, signed by the participants. This is compulsory for all projects starting after January 1, 2013.
The complete process for electronic-only submission is described here:
Paper-based submission of of the Form Cs, where the information is entered in NEF but still requires the physical submission of paper copies of the forms signed by the participants. This is still possible for projects started before January 1, 2013, however, consortia can switch to electronic-only submission of costs (if all consortium participants are in agreement), by signing an amendment.
The complete process for paper-based submission is described here:
The submission of a periodic report is covered by Articles, II.4, II.5 and II.6 of the grant agreement.
You can find a template for a periodic report here.
There is a technical limitation in NEF which does not allow the application to keep an amendment session and a cost claim session open simultaneously. In order to support such a feature, major architectural changes would be required. The solution will be provided by the new IT system currently under development.
In the meantime if you are confronted with such a situation, the Commission Services will find a solution for you.
Should you need an amendment, in order to avoid getting into this situation:
In the particular case that an amendment should be needed within the 60 days window for submission of the reporting period, you may also contact the Commission Services and we will freeze the Form C session to allow a quick submission of the amendment request, and the resumption the Form C session immediately afterwards.
Remember also that amendments do not always require the support of NEF.
The coordinator is required to:
- Collect the financial statements and if required, the Certificate of Financial Statement (CFS) of all beneficiaries.
- Write the periodic technical report on the basis of the work performed and information from the beneficiaries.
- Submit the periodic reports to the European Commission.
- Provide clarifications, or any required additional information to the Project Officer (PO) related to the periodic report and its financial aspects
- Serve as an intermediary between the Project Officer (PO) and the beneficiaries.
All beneficiaries are required to:
- Complete the financial statement (Form Cs).
- Upload the Certificate of Financial Statement (CFS) as required.
- Sign off on the financial statement and dispatch it to the coordinator.
The payment web tool (NEF) has been set-up to facilitate this interface. More precisely, it is built to:
- Avoid clerical errors.
- Guide the coordinator and the beneficiaries through the process.
- Record all interactions between the Commission and the consortium.
- Reduce the need for paper flow to a minimum.