EU Login provides a single sign-on to a large number of information systems available on the Participant Portal.
To use the functions available on My Area, you must have an EU Login account.
- If you already have an EU Login account, you must use that one.
- Otherwise, you can create an EU Login account by clicking on the "Register" button on the Participant Portal - all you need is your work e-mail address.
Note: The previously used ECAS account (European Commission Authentication System) name changed to EU Login on 3rd November 2016 – the related guidance documents are being updated.
Detailed procedure for creating an EU Login account
- Go to the EU Login register page and enter:
- a user name
- your first name, last name and e-mail address and
- the displayed security code.
- Select 'Sign up'
You will receive an e-mail to the address that you specified, containing a link you can use to complete the registration process.
- Click the link and you will be asked to choose and confirm a password.
- Go to the Participant Portal website.
- Click 'LOGIN' and log in with your EU Login user name and password.
Logging in to the Participant Portal with your EU Login account
- After logging in, you can use the personalised services and tools for submitting proposals and managing projects.
- You also need to be logged in to:
- register an organisation and receive a PIC before submitting a proposal
- register as an independent expert helping the Commission evaluate proposals and review projects.
Your EU Login account gives you only general access to the My Area, but it will not yet give you access to your organisation's data and grants. This access depends on your roles and access rights.