ECAS stands for the European Commission Authentication System.
It provides single sign-on across a large number of Commission information systems.
To use My Area, you must have an ECAS account.
- If you already have an ECAS account, you must use that one.
- Otherwise, you can create an ECAS account at https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/help.html - all you need is your work e-mail address.
Detailed procedure for creating an ECAS account
- Step 1 - Go to the ECAS register page and enter:
- a user name
- your first name, last name and e-mail address and
- the displayed security code.
- Step 2 - Select 'Sign up'
- You will receive an e-mail to the address that you specified, containing a link you can use to complete the registration process.
- Step 3 - Click the link and you will be asked to choose and confirm a password.
- Step 4 - Go to the Participant Portal website.
- Step 5 - Click 'LOGIN' and log in with your ECAS user name and password.
Your ECAS password and user name is personal - do not share it with colleagues or anyone else. All transactions made with your account (user name, password) will be considered as having been made by yourself. Keep your password secure and change it regularly.
Logging in to the Participant Portal with your ECAS account
- After logging in, you can use the personalised services and tools for submitting proposals and managing projects.
- You also need to be logged in to:
- register an organisation and receive a PIC before submitting a proposal
- register as an independent expert helping the Commission evaluate proposals and review projects.
Your ECAS account gives you only general access to the My Area, but it will not yet give you access to your organisation's data and grants. This access depends on your roles and access rights.