Dissemination & exploitation of results
Implementing your project it also involves dissemination and communication activities and you have to provide visibility of the EU funding and ensure exploitation of results.
Promoting your project: The beneficiaries must promote the action and its results, by providing targeted information to multiple audiences (including the media and the public), in a strategic and effective manner and possibly engaging in a two-way exchange. To learn more about communication and promoting the action, please read Article 38 of the H2020 Annotated Model Grant Agreement.
Dissemination of results: Unless it goes against their legitimate interests, each beneficiary must - as soon as possible - disseminate its results by disclosing them to the public by appropriate means (other than those resulting from protecting or exploiting the results), including in scientific publications (in any medium). To learn more about dissemination of results, please read Article 29 of the H2020 Annotated Model Grant Agreement.
- Exploitation of results: Each beneficiary must - up to four years after the period set out in Article 3 - take measures aiming to ensure exploitation of its results (either directly or indirectly, in particular through transfer or licensing; see Article 30) by:
- using them in further research activities (outside the action);
- developing, creating or marketing a product or process;
- creating and providing a service, or
- using them in standardisation activities. To learn more about exploitation of results, please read Article 28 of the H2020 Annotated Model Grant Agreement.
Open access to research data
For the rules on open access applicable to beneficiaries in projects funded under Horizon 2020, please see the Guidelines on Open Access to Scientific Publications and Research Data.
Horizon 2020 will have a limited pilot action on open access to research data. Participating projects will be required to develop a Data Management Plan (DMP), in which they will specify what data will be open. The scope of Pilot is also indicated in the introduction to the Horizon 2020 Work Programme and in the above Guidelines on Open Access to Scientific Publications and Research Data.
The H2020 Online Manual is a work in progress; this chapter will be extended with further content as soon as possible.