Around 200 MSCA fellows gathered together on 7 and 8 July 2018 for an MSCA Satellite Event ahead of the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) 2018 in Toulouse, France.
The European Commission hosted a two-day event entirely dedicated to the MSCA community. The Satellite Event included sessions on transferable skills such as “How to Engage with Policy-Makers” and “How and Where to best present your project”. The two topics are part of a set of introductory training modules to all MSCA fellows available on a new online platform: the MSCA Learning Hub (to be launched later this year).
The participants also enjoyed activities of networking such as speed dating (short presentations of research projects – 10 minutes and then on to the next…) and visits to Airbus and the Aeroscopia Museum. The programme of the event and the presentations are available below.
A big thank you to all of the fellows who joined us there and to the speakers, it has been a pleasure meeting you!
Check out the photos of the event
The MSCA Satellite Event was organised the weekend before ESOF (EuroScience Open Forum) 2018 that takes place from 9 to 14 July. ESOF is the largest interdisciplinary science meeting in Europe, which gathers every two years over 4,000 researchers, educators, business actors, policy makers and journalists from all over the world to discuss breakthroughs in science.
EU Commissioner for Research and Innovation Carlos Moedas opened the Forum on Monday 9 July. Check out his special message to MSCA fellows:
Programme and presentations:
- Matthew DiFranco, Chair of the Marie Curie Alumni Association (MCAA)
- Fernanda Bajanca, Chair of the Policy Working Group, Marie Curie Alumni Association (MCAA)
- Philip Boucher, Policy Analyst, Scientific Foresight Unit, European Parliament
- Karen Stroobants, MSCA Fellow, MPA-ND project
- Stavros Skouras, MSCA Fellow; NPAD project
- Mattias Björnmalm, MSCA Fellow, qBioNano project
- Agata Stasiak, Head of Communication Sector, Research Executive Agency (REA)
- Manel Laporta Grau, Assistant Policy Officer, MSCA Unit, European Commission
- Matthew Murtha, MSCA Fellow, ROQ-WACh project
- Colum MacKichan, Chair of Communication Working Group, Marie Curie Alumni Association (MCAA)
- Marion Roullet, MSCA Fellow, COLLDENSE project
- Fran Cardells, MSCA Alumnus, Strategy Director, Salesforce London